Matrix Quattro DAC and amp loaner program
Feb 14, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #151 of 160

Quote:
The combo has landed. So which one of you who had it before me had chicken wings for lunch while operating the units?

Edit: In case humor isn't apparent, let the record show the aforementioned was in jest. No chicken wings, just fingerprints. Thanks Tom for the great packaging. I was going to hook it up tonight for a first listen to make sure all was OK internally, but a 9:30 PM trip to after hours pediatrics with my toddler son kinda put a dent into that plan.

Yikes! Everything okay with him? 

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #154 of 160
I just got the combo back in the mail, so the loaner program is officially over.

For those who participated - thank you again for taking time to write down your impressions. If I could impose upon you a tiny bit more... I need to make entries for the Quattro gear under the "head gear" section. Once created, I'll post a link here. If people wouldn't mind adding their reviews to the appropriate spot. It would help people find impressions since at the moment they are scattered across this thread. It should just take a second with copy and paste.

Apr 25, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #155 of 160
I just got the combo back in the mail, so the loaner program is officially over.
For those who participated - thank you again for taking time to write down your impressions. If I could impose upon you a tiny bit more... I need to make entries for the Quattro gear under the "head gear" section. Once created, I'll post a link here. If people wouldn't mind adding their reviews to the appropriate spot. It would help people find impressions since at the moment they are scattered across this thread. It should just take a second with copy and paste.

I'll be happy to add my review. I want to thank you again for the opportunity to listen to this great setup.

May 20, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #157 of 160
Jeez, I dropped the ball on this.....

Quattro DAC is HERE and Quattro AMP is HERE. Pick whichever one you think is more appropriate - some of you focused more on the DAC, others more on the amp.... so either section works. Again, a simple copy and paste into the Head Gear review format is all it takes.

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #159 of 160
When will you post your review project86 ? It would be interesting reading your thoughts about the gear 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 13, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #160 of 160
Hi guys!

I have just swapped the OPA604s for 2 sets of OPA637s that I had lying around....

2 of them are OPA637AP and 2 are OPA637BP....not sure how the specs differ but I fitted them

So far it sounds very good...quite a bit more detailed than with the OPA604s....will need a few weeks to really make up my mind.

Anyone else tried rolling opamps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back