Matrix M-Stage bias setting
Apr 2, 2013 at 3:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MartinE

New Head-Fier
Hi All,
      This is my first thread on this Forum so please bare with me. My system comprises of a modest LINN MAJIK DS, Wyred4Sound STi500 Integrated Amp and Spendor A6 Speakers, I have just purchased a pair of AKG K550 Headphones (arriving on Friday). My question is; what are the optimum settings for the Matrix M-Stage Headphone Amp. What gain setting do I need to select for these 32ohm H/Phones and where should the Matrix-M volume control be positioned for the best sound quality. The Wyred for sound Amp doesn't have a Tape Out but an Aux Out, does this mean the volume control will still be active? If so where should this Volume Control be set to? Sorry for all the newbe questions.

Regards

Martin

Apr 2, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hi All,
      This is my first thread on this Forum so please bare with me. My system comprises of a modest LINN MAJIK DS, Wyred4Sound STi500 Integrated Amp and Spendor A6 Speakers, I have just purchased a pair of AKG K550 Headphones (arriving on Friday). My question is; what are the optimum settings for the Matrix M-Stage Headphone Amp. What gain setting do I need to select for these 32ohm H/Phones and where should the Matrix-M volume control be positioned for the best sound quality. The Wyred for sound Amp doesn't have a Tape Out but an Aux Out, does this mean the volume control will still be active? If so where should this Volume Control be set to? Sorry for all the newbe questions.

Regards

Martin

Edit.
     I have just thought of an alternative way of maybe connecting the Matrix M-Stage Headphone Amp to my HiFi System, would it be possible to use the second Line Out from the Majik DS player to the Line In of the Headphone Amp, the Headphone Amp has its own Vol Control so I'm sure this could be an option

Regards,

Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back