Matrix Element S - finally a dedicated streamer from Matrix!
Dec 11, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #91 of 160
Indeed, I can't wait for the update to be released.
I have no experience with Matrix Audio and the Element S I bought (used) is about to arrive in the next few days.
Is it easy to do updates?
Are there any things I should be aware of?

Dec 11, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #92 of 160
Hi, generaly updates are made available through the Matrix remote app or the unit itself, . If using the app, click on the name of the Element S device and then click on Configure and choose Check for Update. The app will search for any updates and let you know if there's an available update to install. You can also check for updates on the unit once you boot it up. Swipe left on the screen and click on Settings. Swipe right until you see the Update option. Click Update and the unit will search for firmware updates. Good luck! It's a great streamer with many output options. Very exciting that Matrix was able to finally get Roon certification!

Dec 11, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #93 of 160
Hi, generaly updates are made available through the Matrix remote app or the unit itself, . If using the app, click on the name of the Element S device and then click on Configure and choose Check for Update. The app will search for any updates and let you know if there's an available update to install. You can also check for updates on the unit once you boot it up. Swipe left on the screen and click on Settings. Swipe right until you see the Update option. Click Update and the unit will search for firmware updates. Good luck! It's a great streamer with many output options. Very exciting that Matrix was able to finally get Roon certification!
Thank you so much for your explanation. I was after it as it is one of the few options with I2S output.
Do you know which pin definition will fit my May KTE?

Dec 11, 2023 at 8:46 PM Post #94 of 160
Matrix just made a firmware update available.
Thank you so much for your explanation. I was after it as it is one of the few options with I2S output.
Do you know which pin definition will fit my May KTE?
You shouldn't need to make any changes to either the Element S or the Holo May. The 2 units should be fully compatible with theor factory settings. I've never had to make any changes to pin settings.

Dec 11, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #95 of 160
Interesting, the update doesn't show up for me yet. I'm still on 1.0.5 but hopefully it is just rolling out by region and I can get it soon.

And yes, I keep forgetting to mention I2S as being a huge benefit on the Element S. Works with my Cayin CS100, Wyred Anniversary DAC, and probably a few others I am forgetting at the moment.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #96 of 160
Interesting, the update doesn't show up for me yet. I'm still on 1.0.5 but hopefully it is just rolling out by region and I can get it soon.

And yes, I keep forgetting to mention I2S as being a huge benefit on the Element S. Works with my Cayin CS100, Wyred Anniversary DAC, and probably a few others I am forgetting at the moment.
Hi, it looks like I was updated to version 1.0.5. I hadn't been using it for a while. So I think we're still waiting for the most current update. Sorry for the confusion.

Dec 11, 2023 at 9:33 PM Post #98 of 160

I just skimmed over your reviews of the Cen.Grand Silver Fox and DSDAC1.0 Deluxe and was wondering how they sound against the May KTE and Bliss KTE?
You wrote that they are the best you heard - at least for the DAC if I remember correctly. Sorry if you mentioned it already. I haven't had the time to fully read all the details.
Would you think it is worth upgrading to them if one owns the MAY/BLISS KTE combo?
That means once I2S has been added to the DAC of course.
You piqued my interest with your review I need to admit.

Dec 12, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #100 of 160
Finally.

Update arrived!
Element S found by Roon.

I will provide listening impressions tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0348.jpeg
    IMG_0348.jpeg
    325.7 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back