Matrix Element S - finally a dedicated streamer from Matrix!
Aug 29, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #46 of 160
Hello project 86, I hope all is well. Just checking in to see if you have started to review the Element S? Are you waiting for it to be Roon certified? I do not understand why there haven’t been any reviews except for the Moon Audio review. The new PS audio Air Lens is being praised, and now Denafrips has a stand alone streamer. It seems like there are people who are looking for a stand alone streamer. Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Jeff

I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally am waiting for Roon certification before going any further.

I have been using the Element S a decent amount and am quite confident in its sonic abilities - it is extremely impressive as a transport. But my normal use is Roon, and I need to evaluate it in that context. The MA Remote app works fine and some people will do just fine with that. I'm just not comfortable fully evaluating it when the main aspect of my normal usage doesn't work yet.

I have not tried the PS Audio Air Lens or the Denafrips Arce streamer. But from what I can see of them, the Denafrips looks more interesting. Specifically the fact that it has far more connectivity... the Air Lens is limited to coax and I2S, while Arce adds Toslink and AES/EBU (the latter of which I find superior on a good number of DACs). And for half price? That sounds good to me. Although I'm disappointed that neither works over USB which seems a bit odd, since some DACs sound best via that connection.

Aug 29, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #47 of 160
I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally am waiting for Roon certification before going any further.

I have been using the Element S a decent amount and am quite confident in its sonic abilities - it is extremely impressive as a transport. But my normal use is Roon, and I need to evaluate it in that context. The MA Remote app works fine and some people will do just fine with that. I'm just not comfortable fully evaluating it when the main aspect of my normal usage doesn't work yet.

I have not tried the PS Audio Air Lens or the Denafrips Arce streamer. But from what I can see of them, the Denafrips looks more interesting. Specifically the fact that it has far more connectivity... the Air Lens is limited to coax and I2S, while Arce adds Toslink and AES/EBU (the latter of which I find superior on a good number of DACs). And for half price? That sounds good to me. Although I'm disappointed that neither works over USB which seems a bit odd, since some DACs sound best via that connection.
Hello,
Thanks for your reply. I am anxiously awaiting your review. I understand the room certification is being held back for one minor detail. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Regards,
Jeff

Aug 29, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #48 of 160
I just placed as order from Apos for the Matrix Audio Streamer S.

I'll update the thread with my impressions. I'm not a Roon user, Tidal Connect serves me fine. All the different digital outs including i2S, which I'll feed my Denafrips Ares 12 Anniversary was the deciding factor for me over the competition. Fingers crossed it works out.

Aug 31, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #50 of 160
... ce soir je viens de mettre à jour l'application MA Remote 3.31 sur Tablette Android XAOMI Pad 6 version MI 14 System et également sur Mobile Phone XAOMI Redmi 11 en MI 14.

Bon, sur cet appareil 2 XAOMI la nouvelle version 3.31 plante à chaque fois, j'ai redémarré plusieurs fois et installé l'application, 3 fois et toujours le même problème. :slight_frown:

Est-ce que quelqu'un sait comment obtenir l'ancienne version MA 3.30 ?

Car il y a un gros problème entre MA 3.31 et Xaomi System et peut-être d'autres marques de tablettes Android !!!!!!!!!!!

En revanche, aucun problème sur SAMSUNG 5e Tablet.

Aug 31, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #51 of 160
... this evening I have just updated the MA Remote 3.31 application on Android Tablet XAOMI Pad 6 version MI 14 System and also on Mobile Phone XAOMI Redmi 11 in MI 14.

Well, on this 2 XAOMI device the new version 3.31 crashes each time, I restarted several times and installed the application, 3 times and still the same problem.

Does anyone know how to get the old version MA 3.30

Because there is a big problem between MAA 3.31 and Xaomi System and perhaps other brands of Android tablets!!!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand, no problem on SAMSUNG 5e Tablet
... this evening I have just updated the MA Remote 3.31 application on Android Tablet XAOMI Pad 6 version MI 14 System and also on Mobile Phone XAOMI Redmi 11 in MI 14.

Well, on this 2 XAOMI device the new version 3.31 crashes each time, I restarted several times and installed the application, 3 times and still the same problem.

Does anyone know how to get the old version MA 3.30

Because there is a big problem between MAA 3.31 and Xaomi System and perhaps other brands of Android tablets!!!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand, no problem on SAMSUNG 5e Tablet

Aug 31, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #52 of 160
Hi, the same thing happened to me after I updated the Matrix app to the latest version. The message in Google play store said the app closed because of a bug in the app, and reopening it will require the bug to be fixed. Perhaps we should post the problem with the app on the Matrix forum. I don't know of a way to roll back to the prior version.

Aug 31, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #56 of 160
Understood. I guess I should hold off on the update. I use a Mac iPad but not chansing it. Thx for the heads up. I cant figure out how to get Tidal connect to play the next track on an album. Just stops when ending the 1st track? Seems like this problem just started after the last update?

Regards
Jeff

Aug 31, 2023 at 11:49 PM Post #57 of 160
Compris. Je suppose que je devrais attendre la mise à jour. J'utilise un Mac iPad mais je ne le modifie pas. Merci pour l'avertissement. Je n'arrive pas à comprendre comment connecter Tidal pour lire la piste suivante d'un album. S'arrête juste à la fin du 1er morceau ? On dirait que ce problème vient de commencer après la dernière mise à jour ?

Salutations
Jeff

Aug 31, 2023 at 11:51 PM Post #58 of 160
...On the other hand, no problem on SAMSUNG 5e Tablet and my IPAD Pro 2016...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back