Matisyahu
Aug 20, 2005 at 7:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

MrSiki99

100+ Head-Fier
This guy is amazing..a one man band. He plays some of the best reggae/hiphop I have ever heard. I suggest everyone try and listen to him. I saw him at Bonnaroo this summer alongside Trey Anastasio and I was awestruck. He can really drop a beat, and is almost always accompanied by a sick guitar solo. Check out his website: http://www.hasidicreggae.com/

Aug 20, 2005 at 7:32 AM Post #2 of 10
He played at my school (Carnegie Mellon) a few times last year... didn't see him myself but a bunch of my friends did, and one bought a CD. Seems like something completely different.

Aug 20, 2005 at 4:00 PM Post #3 of 10
I really like his music but some of the songs get too religious. Hes got a great band though. They give him a really classic reggae sound.

Aug 20, 2005 at 9:04 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by bundee1
I really like his music but some of the songs get too religious. Hes got a great band though. They give him a really classic reggae sound.

I enjoy the religious aspect of his music. It kind of gives you a new perspective...and makes you think.

Aug 21, 2005 at 6:27 PM Post #5 of 10
Masityahu played the Revival Stage at Wakarusa midnight on that Saturday. The tent was packed with a couple thousand people. It was a truly incredible experience. A lot of his shows are taped. You should loot around the net for them to DL.

If you can see him live, you should. If you can see him at a festival......do it.

B

Dec 27, 2005 at 11:43 PM Post #7 of 10
I am resurrecting this old thread. While on vacation I heard one of his songs on Sirius and it was pretty cool. I ordered his live cd on yourmusic.com and it arrived today. I really like this stuff. It can be a bit religious which normally is a turn off for me however, I think it is more spiritual than relilgious. I've only listened to the cd once at work so it might have a more religious bent then I feel it has at the moment. Any other opinions out there? Anyone pick up the album, Matisyahu, Live at Stubb's?

Dec 28, 2005 at 12:19 AM Post #8 of 10
i really like matisyahu, and i also find the idea of a hasidic reggae singer to be hilariously ironic
smily_headphones1.gif
(go jews
wink.gif
)

Dec 28, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #9 of 10
The cd has video of the concert. I've only watched a minute or two but it looks like he puts on a good show. The band sounds good as well. I also get a kick out of seeing an Hasidic Jew doing the reggae thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back