Master & Dynamic MW07 Plus Impressions
Nov 19, 2019 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 104

angelom

Headphoneus Supremus
I beginning this post saying that in last months I trying many anc (active noise cancelling) headphones not earphones. I trying Bose qc35 II, nc700, Bowers & Wilkins px and px7, Bang & Olufsen h9i and h9 3g, Sennheiser m3 wireless (and momentum true wireless earphones), Master & Dynamic mw65 (and mw07 earphones) and Dali io-6.

Before this I trying Sony xm2, Bose qc35 and qc20 (earphones), Sennheiser m2, B&O h9, h8 and h4 (only wireless not anc).

My favourite sound for wireless or anc headphones is without doubt the b&w p7 wireless. For only anc headphone is the sennheiser m3 wireless.

And last thing I must saying is that Apple AirPods Pro (APP) I receiving 3 weeks ago and I think is great iem. Here is the post with my opinion of APP in different thread.

But now I want speaking about the mw07 plus. I want referring this item is 07v2 because I having before mw07 first generation (I calling this 07v1).

Recently I having the original mw07 (07v1) and I sending back very quickly for this reasons:

1) The sound is very bright and isn't sufficient bass for very much music I playing.
2) The left earphone is uncomfortable and I only having good seal when I holding the earphone with my hand.
3) The smart pause isn't good because isn't working good 100% of the times. Sometimes I trying moving the earphones for better fitting and the earphones pause. This sometimes is very frustrating. Others persons saying they having the same problem.

Now I have the MW07 Plus (07v2) and this is my impressions:

The sound of 07v2 is more like the 'Diffuse Field' curve of sound than the 'Harman' curve and is similar with 07v1, but with the v2 I hearing a little more bass. The sound is better maybe because I having better fitting, maybe, specially in my left ear. Before with v1 I am having problem with the left earphone, with the seal and I have pain too because earphone is touching one part of my ear constantly. But I still thinking really that master & dynamic changing a little the sound of the 07v2 for better and more realistic sound, they improving if only little bit in my opinion.

I still wanting a little more bass with v2 sometimes but isn't like with v1 when I wanting more bass much more constantly. And with v2 even when I wanting more bass sometimes I can enjoying the music enough but this isn't possible with v1 usually in the past. 07v2 with much music is sounding very very good, or really great. This only happening little times with v1 before.

I must saying that for the sound quality I preferring the 07v2 than mw07, mw65, dali io-6, h9, h9i, h9 3g, h8, h4, px, px7, nc700, xm2, qc20 and momentum 2. I only preferring the p7w (headphone), m3 wireless (anc headphone) and momentum true wireless (earphones) than the 07v2. Maybe in general I preferring the v2 than APP and qc 35 II because the v2 sounding more hi-fi with more music, but the APP and qc35 II is better choice maybe for others persons for one reason: they having solid sound with every types of music. But for me in completely honesty I preferring keeping the 07v2 than APP and qc35 II.

07v2 is having great battery life in the charging case (30 hours) and in the earphones (10 hours) for total of 40 hours. This is very much big difference with v1. And you can having 50% charge in 15 minutes or 100% charge in 40 minutes. This is really excellent!

With v1 you hearing the click sound when you pushing the buttons. With v2 you can't hearing nothing but you know exactly when you pushing the buttons for play/pause/skipping the tracks/anc/ambient mode. This is excellent for me because I changing volume much much times constantly and I don't hearing click sound with 07v2.

With the v2 the charging case is magnetic when you put earphones inside and is magnetic the up part of the case too, this is similar like AirPods. It isn't this case with the v1. This is good specially for protecting the earphones from falling down from the case accidentally.

The anc (active noise cancelling) isn't excellent like APP or Bose headphones but is sufficient good for me. The excellent thing is that the sound with anc on or off isn't changing like much anc headphones today. This is very very important for me.

The ambient mode is very good and is sounding natural, is similar good with momentum true wireless and APP. For me ambient mode is now important in my life with the headphone and earphones. Master & dynamic doing very good job here.

Finally, little comment of comparison with Apple APP. I think APP sound is very good, really good, is never offending my ears and is very good balance in bass, mids and treble generally. The v2 sometimes offending my ears a little (the treble) and I wanting sometimes little more bass, but isn't often this situation and this is very very important that isn't often in my case. But when the mw07 Plus sounding good, is sounding much more better than APP and the sound is clean and is without distortion.

I think Master & Dynamic doing excellent job with mw07 plus (07v2) and I thinking the price for the construction of the earphones and charging case and the accessories, and the anc and the ambient mode and the sound is making this a fair price in the competitive world of the earphones, headphones, wireless and anc headphones.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #2 of 104
I calling the 07v2 only 07p now (MW07 Plus is very long name).

I testing the battery of one full charge of the earphones. I listening maybe 5 hours and after I continue playing music in the 07p only and the total is about 9 or 9,5 hours. This is excellent! In the 5 hours I using the 07p I changing the volume and the tracks much times and I testing the anc and ambient mode much times too.

I listening today maybe 3 hours and I think the bass is more correct. I don't believing in the burn in, so I thinking is more that I having better fit, a little better seal because I turning the earphones more in the correct position.

Sometimes I still wanting a little more bass like yesterday but is less times. And this isn't psychological or I am slowly accustomed to the 07p because I comparing with AirPods Pro and my favourite b&w p7w and the sound isn't very different like yesterday. I saying now with confidence that 07p is really excellent iem.

I repeat one thing that is very important after I testing much times yesterday: the controls for the volume and the changing tracks and changing the anc and ambient modes is working perfectly and is always silent but I can feeling the action of the buttons, it isn't click sound never in all the buttons. This is great!

Nov 28, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #3 of 104
Is now 10 days listening with the mw07 plus and I listening with this iem maybe 30-40 hours. I listening in all this time to much different music styles and different masters quality. This is first time I preferring one earphone or headphone to my favourite headphone for 3 years, the b&w p7 wireless (p7w). The 07 plus in my opinion is sounding better than p7w and much, much others wireless earphones and headphones I listening in last 3 years, with or without anc.

This is really big surprise for me because until now nothing is sounding better in my opinion than p7w. I comparing more times with AirPods pro too and the 07 plus is better very much in sound quality.

Dec 22, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #5 of 104
Cloud u mind tell me mw07 plus still have white noise? coz the old one have this problem. thx

I don’t hearing white noise with my 07 Plus.

Jan 1, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #8 of 104
I've noticed that the mw07 plus sounds kinda compressed via my iphone x. However, on my fiio m11 it does sound much better. I know this is because most android will do aptx but on the iphone you're only getting sbc. Just a heads up for any would be mw07 buyers.

This is strange. I use the 07 plus with my MacBook and aptx and my iPhone and I hearing almost no difference.
I reading somewhere online that 07 plus using also aac codec even when isn’t advertising this. For me the sound is very excellent with my iPhone and MacBook.

Jan 10, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #10 of 104
angelom - thank you so much for all your review info here - fantastic write-ups! i'm seriously considering trying a pair of these out. thanks.

Thank you for your positive comment! I'm happy that my posts are helpful for you. I want adding that I'm continue to love my 07 plus, the more I using them the more I appreciating this really very excellent iem.

Jan 10, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #11 of 104
Count me as another big fan of the 07 plus! I had never listened to any M&D headphone or iem until I bought these in early November based on some of the positive reviews. I love everything about them - wide spacious soundstage, great bass, slightly warm vocals, etc. And the battery life is insane with the charging case.

I find myself reaching for any of my other headphones much less than I would have imagined when i bought these. I assumed i would only use these when out and about, but they're just so easy and pleasing to use in the house.

Seems like these are getting buried in the wireless thread since a new flavor of iem pops up every day. But for me these are the real deal with no compromises for my requirements.

Jan 12, 2020 at 1:38 AM Post #12 of 104
interested in these, I like the WF-1000xM3's a lot, wonder how they would compare.

Jan 12, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #13 of 104
interested in these, I like the WF-1000xM3's a lot, wonder how they would compare.

I have a pair of the xm3 so I can compare a bit. The xm3 has slightly better overall sound out of the box but I always had issues with with fitment on the xm3 so I tend to use the mw07 plus more often. The xm3 also has the 360 audio stuff but I honestly have tried it so idk how good or bad it is. The battery life is much better on the mw07 plus however. With the Sony app you can of course tweak the eq and make the sound more your own and the mw07 plus doesn’t have any app for device eq. Also one thing that I wish the mw07 plus had was the ability to turn on ambient sound mode on just one ear piece like the xm3. I use them at work and only keep one in my ear and it was nice to just turn on ambient sound mode on the xm3 but I have to have both mw07 plus units out if I wanna do the same thing. Noise cancelling is much better too on the xm3. Took both on a flight recently and the xm3 does cancel more of the airplane drone out. That being said, the mw07 plus does look much better Imo, it has a way better battery life and is lighter. If battery life is what you’re after without having to constantly pop the xm3 back in the charging case I would say go with the mw07 plus. If that doesn’t bother you and you’re able to get the xm3 to stay put in your ear while moving around I’d say stick with the xm3. Hope that helps!

Jan 12, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #14 of 104
Thanks for the reply.

Jan 12, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #15 of 104
I have a pair of the xm3 so I can compare a bit. The xm3 has slightly better overall sound out of the box but I always had issues with with fitment on the xm3 so I tend to use the mw07 plus more often. The xm3 also has the 360 audio stuff but I honestly have tried it so idk how good or bad it is. The battery life is much better on the mw07 plus however. With the Sony app you can of course tweak the eq and make the sound more your own and the mw07 plus doesn’t have any app for device eq. Also one thing that I wish the mw07 plus had was the ability to turn on ambient sound mode on just one ear piece like the xm3. I use them at work and only keep one in my ear and it was nice to just turn on ambient sound mode on the xm3 but I have to have both mw07 plus units out if I wanna do the same thing. Noise cancelling is much better too on the xm3. Took both on a flight recently and the xm3 does cancel more of the airplane drone out. That being said, the mw07 plus does look much better Imo, it has a way better battery life and is lighter. If battery life is what you’re after without having to constantly pop the xm3 back in the charging case I would say go with the mw07 plus. If that doesn’t bother you and you’re able to get the xm3 to stay put in your ear while moving around I’d say stick with the xm3. Hope that helps!
Just OT a bit.
You should try using Spinfits for your XM3s as it's in a whole nother league. Best sound out there. The M&D are something special as well as they sound great the way they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back