Master Clock Talk
Dec 31, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #3,166 of 3,361
I just want to say that measurable stuff shouldnt be the direct indicative of good sound.
Especially if you’re not even measuring the sound!
There are so many r2r dac lovers and those dacs sound good with their own characteristic traits but with worse measurements.
What measurements of sound have you seen for r2r DACs?
Trust your ears.
Yes, please do. Those of us who make a living from fooling your ears need you to keep trusting them!

G

Dec 31, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #3,167 of 3,361
Lol what a bullshxx. The one who had been enjoying noise induced "coloration" more than anyone else is coming to bash people who enjoys the settings with a lot less distortion and noise. Just a pure nonsense. Dont you see that you are spitting right on to your own face? Lol
What’s BS? I 100% know how an R2R functions and what sonic changes it brings.
You don’t. You think your clock is some performance upgrade making your system run better. It isn’t.
Also I don’t think you understand what the word distortion means.
Trust your ears. My two AfterDark clocks are superb,
I bet they add beautiful intermodulation distortion and harmonic spurri that sounds pleasing to you.
I bet looking at them while listening gives you all the confirmation bias you need.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #3,168 of 3,361
This guy again🤣

Man I love it. That time of the month I guess🤣

—-

On a serious talk, like @sajunky mentioned the new DI-24HE is very interesting because I know masterclock scales the better the powersupply.

A decent morion with highend PSU could scale beyond expectations…

And we all know how good the power design, black level of audio-gd has.

Magnificent👌

Dec 31, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #3,169 of 3,361
I tried cybershaft op14 and LHY ock1, when I used X18 + U18 ddc, I can say that even if cybershaft op14, the price is equal to x18 +u18, you can't tell a big difference immediately. I think the price-performance ratio of the clock is not high. I would rather buy an audio switch built into the ocxo, which will definitely be better than an external ocxo clock of the same price. I also tried LHY SW6 in the same system. trust me

Dec 31, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #3,171 of 3,361
DF76EC5F-5411-41CE-9C1E-23B1237151B1.jpeg

Master clocks makes no difference:

The shunyata omega usb will eliminate both DDC and Master clock…

….Im only 7 beers into google. Happy new year

Dec 31, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #3,172 of 3,361
What’s BS? I 100% know how an R2R functions and what sonic changes it brings.
You don’t. You think your clock some performance upgrade making your system is run better. It isn’t.
Also I don’t think you understand what the word distortion means.

I bet they add beautiful intermodulation distortion and harmonic spurri that sounds pleasing to you.
I bet looking at them while listening gives you all the confirmation bias you need.
of course i know nothing compare to an audiogod like you. So please help me to learn.
Can you explain what makes R2R sounds different from DS, which makes the fans of R2R to prefer that option, and what measurements clearly show that difference in numbers?

Dec 31, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #3,173 of 3,361
We are only at page 213....we have long way to go to break the record.

Dec 31, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #3,174 of 3,361
Hum, I thought jitter was pretty much solved in the 90’s. Didn’t know it is such a HUGE issue in 2023….. My money will be spent elsewhere 👍

Don't think of it as jitter. It's noise superimposed on the data signal. It is a big problem and will limit your sound quality if you don't deal with it.

Dec 31, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #3,176 of 3,361
Easy
Intermodulation and harmonic distortion
hmm.. interesting. and that is done controlled way, which doesnt belong to spurri what you're talking about, and not coloring the sound or true coloration?
actually I have barely no in-depth knowledge about any audio related science so didn't know that distortion is the main factor that amuses folks who enjoy R2R.
Can those harmonic and intermodulation distortion can be added with cheaper module to DS dacs so that people don't pay extra $ to R2R marketing cheaters?

Dec 31, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #3,177 of 3,361
hmm.. interesting. and that is done controlled way, which doesnt belong to spurri what you're talking about, and not coloring the sound or true coloration?
actually I have barely no in-depth knowledge about any audio related science so didn't know that distortion is the main factor that amuses folks who enjoy R2R.
Can those harmonic and intermodulation distortion can be added with cheaper module to DS dacs so that people don't pay extra $ to R2R marketing cheaters?
No it’s a result of the D/A process( fpga (if it has one) Anti aliasing /reconstruction filter, etc etc.) It’s not controlled per se, through implementation it’s reduced or noise shaped.
People like the added warmth that R2R dacs generally give. They like the “analogue” sound of it.
But that warmth and analogue feel is just coloration. Not there in the recording and a result of the playback components.

Why are they cheaters?

Dec 31, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #3,178 of 3,361
Don't think of it as jitter. It's noise superimposed on the data signal. It is a big problem and will limit your sound quality if you don't deal with it.
Hmm….. so all the added jitter (superimposed noise lol) that your external clock produces doesn’t limit your sound quality?

Here are some measurements I’ve posted many times to again show ya your little jitter machines!

Attachments

• IMG_7940.jpeg
    IMG_7940.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7941.jpeg
    IMG_7941.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 0
Dec 31, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #3,179 of 3,361
Hmm….. so all the added jitter (superimposed noise lol) that your external clock produces doesn’t limit your sound quality?

Here are some measurements I’ve posted many times to again show ya your little jitter machines!
If two audio gears have all the components the same except different quality internal clocks, what is the main metric that measures the quality of sound production? Only the reduced jitter?
I am asking if there's other metric that can reflect the influence of external clock other than the level of added jitter.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 1:10 AM Post #3,180 of 3,361

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back