Master Clock Talk
Dec 30, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #3,151 of 3,361
This is the master clock thread. U18 with an external clock and running I2S, which it was designed for, is an excellent performing component. AudioGD is forever reported as having buggy firmware. Gustard is rock solid.

Careful what you criticise here, it's all about the implementation.
Going off topic talking about and derailing the thread is something Sajunky excels at.

Dec 30, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #3,152 of 3,361
It’s has lower measured jitter than the AudioGd. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’m not trusting whatever your ears and eyes tell you. Those have been proven to be buggy!
In reverse. I am trusting my ears not yours. Once again measurements do not correspond to sound quality.

Dec 30, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #3,153 of 3,361
Where have I ever voiced an opinion on something I haven’t heard?

Did Gustard lie about their phase noise measurements and remove them from there site?
I see they still list the C18 phase noise at -110db@1hz. Has that been measured by independent parties and proven to be false?

Does the Gustard C18 have known and verified impedance mismatch using 75ohm BNC connectors?

LHY lied about their measurements and removed them after they were measured.
LHY has impedance mismatches from 75ohm BNC connectors.

Is the same for Gustard?

So here we are back on facts train.
You have proved me correct that none of these measurements matter to audiblility (because you seem to love the sound qualities of a poorer measuring device) and the amount and type of intermodulation distortion and harmonic spurri produced by 1 device is more pleasing to you, than the other.

You like the LHY preset eq setting better than the Gustard preset eq setting.

Anyway you look at it, it’s false coloration.
You haven't heard an ock2. There you lied. Go off yourself.

Known and verified by you only. Show proof. Leo Bodnar is not a reliable source as he has a vendetta against LHY and cannot be trusted as an honest source.

The C18 measured as -20db@1hz but I'll do the same thing as you "known and verified by yours truly".

Gustard lied about their measurements and removed them after they were measured.
Gustard has impedance mismatches from 75ohm BNC connectors.

AND THEY CHARGE MORE FOR AN INFERIOR PRODUCT.

You better start bashing gustard otherwise we'll know you're a paid troll.

You haven't shown any proof of your claims thus far, just diarrhea of words from you.

Dec 30, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #3,154 of 3,361

Known and verified by you only. Show proof. Leo Bodnar is not a reliable source as he has a vendetta against LHY and cannot be trusted as an honest source.

The C18 measured as -20db@1hz but I'll do the same thing as you "known and verified by yours truly".

Gustard lied about their measurements and removed them after they were measured.
Gustard has impedance mismatches from 75ohm BNC connectors.

AND THEY CHARGE MORE FOR AN INFERIOR PRODUCT.

You better start bashing gustard otherwise we'll know you're a paid troll.

You haven't shown any proof of your claims thus far, just diarrhea of words from you.
He claimed so many times that his 8 $ cheap stuff does the same effect with high end clocks he owned. And I asked for the proof that he owns the item that he used all the time as a proof of him actully tried all those, he hasnt provided any photos of what he owns saying that those might be buried somewhere in his storage. He used to love r2r dac gustard r26, which has significantly high degree of distortion and noise compared to any modern delta sigma dac. And trashing all the equipments that lead to the increased noise jitter etc. What a self diss is that?

Attachments

• 1703852737.png
    1703852737.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 0
Dec 30, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #3,155 of 3,361
I just want to say that measurable stuff shouldnt be the direct indicative of good sound. There are so many r2r dac lovers and those dacs sound good with their own characteristic traits but with worse measurements. I just dont understand that some people thinks that seeing the numbers is just enough to evaluate or judge something that they are not even willing to test with ones own ears.

Dec 30, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #3,156 of 3,361
Huh? I’ve heard it a lot.
Had it here for a solid month along with 3 other clocks
What are you even talking about? 😂😂

I just dont understand that some people thinks that seeing the numbers is just enough to evaluate or judge something that they are not even willing to test with ones own ears.
Because you guys are using numbers and measurements as proof of your bias and reason that you falsely believe clocks provide a performance upgrade. You are all saying “lower phase noise” is the reason your OCK2 sound the way it does.
So then when you are shown it’s horrible measurements, that argument falls away.

You are exactly right about the R26.
I never said it measured well. I like the sound. Just as you all like the sound of the distortion made from these clocks. I liked the distortion made from R2R dacs.
I’ve since moved to the A26 because the 1bit DSD dac in the R26 was garbage.

Show proof
LHY removing the phase noise measurements after they were confronted with the measurements is all the proof anyone needs.

I can’t understand whatever else you wrote about the C18 clock.
Show me where it measured and that Gustard lied.
I mean it’s an external clock so like all other external clocks it surely isn’t improving performance. Just falsely coloring the sound.

Dec 30, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #3,157 of 3,361
I just want to say that measurable stuff shouldnt be the direct indicative of good sound. There are so many r2r dac lovers and those dacs sound good with their own characteristic traits but with worse measurements. I just dont understand that some people thinks that seeing the numbers is just enough to evaluate or judge something that they are not even willing to test with ones own ears.
This is really exactly my point about external clocks.
Funny how you literally understand it and have no issues making this statement about R2R DACs.

You find the intermodulation distortion and harmonic spurri caused by external clocks to sound pleasing. Awesome!
Just like an R2R dac owner likes the distortion that DA conversion causes.

Would you claim that a R2R dac is a performance upgrade that somehow makes your audio more resolving?
How so?
At best an R2R dac can put out is 16 maybe 17bits of resolution.

Dec 30, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #3,158 of 3,361
You haven't shown any proof of your claims thus far, just diarrhea of words from you
All I’ve done is shown proof.
Measurements, white papers, articles, scientific literature, emails from Alvin and LHY, you name it!
Go back in this thread and see ALL of the evidence and proof I have shown.

Myself, @gregorio and now @Superdad are the only ones that have posted support to back our claims.
Not a single one of you have posted anything but attacks to back yours.

I continue to beg for any info that disputes what I’ve said that isn’t company marketing jargon.
But none of you can because it doesn’t exist.

Dec 30, 2023 at 10:40 PM Post #3,159 of 3,361
He claimed so many times that his 8 $ cheap stuff does the same effect with high end clocks he owned. And I asked for the proof that he owns the item that he used all the time as a proof of him actully tried all those, he hasnt provided any photos of what he owns saying that those might be buried somewhere in his storage. He used to love r2r dac gustard r26, which has significantly high degree of distortion and noise compared to any modern delta sigma dac. And trashing all the equipments that lead to the increased noise jitter etc. What a self diss is that?
Thats why I think he's a paid troll. He spends alot of time trying to trash the ock2 but has never heard it, so much time in fact it wouldn't make sense someone would waste that much time lieing and coming back to a thread where no one respects his opinion.

The gustard master clock is absolute trash. No one is buying it.

It wouldn't surprise me if they paid him to trash their main competition, its a very common thing with these chifi manufacturers.

Its well known that some youtube reviewers were bribed by these chifi companies for favorable reviews Z *ahem.

Everyone should boycott companies that participate in this disgusting type of marketing, teach them a lesson.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #3,160 of 3,361
Not sure if he is paid from gustard for that trolling but i think that no normal person would be so seriously passionate about trolling for nothing. He has 0 logic in his trolling and doesnt even understand that his words and behaviors are always self contradicting.

Dec 30, 2023 at 11:35 PM Post #3,161 of 3,361
Not sure if he is paid from gustard for that trolling but i think that no normal person would be so seriously passionate about trolling for nothing. He has 0 logic in his trolling and doesnt even understand that his words and behaviors are always self contradicting.
What are you guys even talking about?!
Again you all have is personal attacks.
I keep coming here to dispell the ridiculous falsehoods you keep spouting off.
He spends alot of time trying to trash the ock2 but has never heard it
I had the OCK2 connected to my system and tested it for at least a month.
For you to keep repeating that I haven’t heard it over and over is lunacy.
Thats why I think he's a paid troll
Why would Gustard pay me to say ALL external clocks falsely color the sound, and offer ZERO performance increases.
Even theirs. DONT BUY AN EXTERNAL CLOCK unless you want to falsely add color to your sound. They are no different than a preset eq. Maybe companies should come with names like that. The Gustard “Rock” clock, the CyberShaft “Jazz” clock, the Mutec “Hip-Hop” clock. Etc etc
At least you guys would have an idea of the coloration you’re buying. Lol

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #3,162 of 3,361
Please don't get riled up by a disruptor - just don't respond to his trolling.

Trust your ears, it is what they are for!

Dec 31, 2023 at 5:51 AM Post #3,164 of 3,361
Lol what a bullshxx. The one who had been enjoying noise induced "coloration" more than anyone else is coming to bash people who enjoys the settings with a lot less distortion and noise. Just a pure nonsense. Dont you see that you are spitting right on to your own face? Lol

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #3,165 of 3,361
Trust your ears. My two AfterDark clocks are superb, especially since I bought an Uptone JS-2 power supply for each of them. Upgrading the cables to Tubulus Concentus improved them. Using Mini-circuits BLP-10.7+ filters improved them. Adding Black Ravioli footers and Schramm weights improved them. If they didn't have inherent quality, these mods would have been useless.

I also think sinewave clocks work better in my system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back