Master Clock Talk
Mar 10, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #1,141 of 3,354
I have found this forum a very civil, not to mention highly useful, site.

Mar 10, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #1,143 of 3,354
It would be good if this thread would be as friendly and civil as the audio-gd threads (best threads on the forum IMHO). We have guys with very different views and preferences, but we don't forget we are all friends.
AGD is AGD.....you can´t compare with other brands. Only people that owns AGD knows the beauty of the sound Kingwa made possible for us.

Everytime I turn on my system and put on my Susvara, I thank Kingwa for making this possible. I CAN NOT SIT still when I listen to this setup, it´s a mystery to me!!!!

Kingwa if you hear this. Make an master clock for us I want one:pray:
( I have nothing against my ock-2, which I already thinks improves the quality, but Im a AGD fan for life) -

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #1,144 of 3,354
AGD is AGD.....you can´t compare with other brands. Only people that owns AGD knows the beauty of the sound Kingwa made possible for us.

Everytime I turn on my system and put on my Susvara, I thank Kingwa for making this possible. I CAN NOT SIT still when I listen to this setup, it´s a mystery to me!!!!

Kingwa if you hear this. Make an master clock for us I want one:pray:
( I have nothing against my ock-2, which I already thinks improves the quality, but Im a AGD fan for life) -
Are you a affiliate of Audio GD, because all your post on Headfi are about Audio GD?

Mar 10, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #1,145 of 3,354
Are you a affiliate of Audio GD, because all your post on Headfi are about Audio GD?
I am a non-profit “affiliate” with agd and ofcourse the very very impressive support from magnahifi, that had always been honest and guided me through technical questions regarding all my purchases, even products I have bought elsewhere.

I just love my setup from the heart because it has a story. Listening to agd setup is like loosing connection from earth. Only TT2 and my RME dac can bring me down to earth.

EDIT: I had to edit it it sounded like I was mad with cap letters, sorry🙌

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #1,146 of 3,354
YES I AM A NON-PROFIT "AFFILIATE"(KINGWA DOES NOT KNOW) WITH AGD AND OFCOURSE MY FOREVER LOVE TO THE MAGNAHIFI SUPPORT!!!!

I JUST LOVE IT FROM MY HEART. I ONLY LISTEN TO TT2 AND RME WHEN I WANT TO COME DOWN TO EARTH FROM THE MOON AND MARS.
Your enthusiasm is contagious! Consider me very curious about AudioGD now. I will have to hear one some day.

Mar 10, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #1,147 of 3,354
Your enthusiasm is contagious! Consider me very curious about AudioGD now. I will have to hear one some day.
I am saving up for the R27 series.......I want one!

I am supporting magnahifi for being patient with an impatient guy like me. I told them myself I would write them in my signtature because they truly helped me through all the mail correspondence. Jos from magnahifi should get a lot of credit, because everyting he said about my setup is true, it became true to my ears. I truly hear the difference after the 1000hours!

EDIT: Seriously find anything comparable with R27....I WILL WAIT!.... If I knew the R27 before I bought TT2 and HE9LE in a rush I would have maybe bougt this and stayed!

Since I first discovered the R27 it never left my mind. I hope I will afford one in the future...

EDIT2: Nothing.... I said nothing......'

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #1,148 of 3,354
He's just happy because he knows what all of us that own audio-gd gear know.

Even now, its not all that well known that Audio-gd is the best value, price to performance gear available. If his products were made in the EU or US, it would cost at least 4x-5x as much. He's an unusual man, he's not greedy and he wants to provide awesome audio gear for a reasonable price. You have to respect that.

After attending canjam again, I appreciate my audio-gd gear much more because I was able to compare directly using my denon d7200s that I took to the show as a base reference. And while alot of things sounded great at canjam, I think my system outperforms some of the much higher end gear at the show. I know the show is not an ideal place to test the gear, it'd probably sound alot better in my home with a plc and all the other tweaks I have on my system but thats where bringing a headphone that I'm very familiar with comes in to help me understand the different nuances of the gear.

Regarding clocks, i have the OCK-2 and to be honest it is hard for me to differ if it brings improvements to my system or not. If you go for the REF-10 it would be a good choice.

Since all my gear is powered by 3 Hypsos PSU and Niagara 3000 i think that the clocks in my system are as good as OCK-2 and maybe only a REF-10 could bring some improvements.

What components do you have in your system besides the ock-2?

The ock 2 made a very noticeable difference in my system even with it connected to only the di20he and extremely noticeable once I plugged in the dac along with it. No offense but if you can't tell if a master clock makes a difference in your system, especially with that level of power conditioning, you should save your money and reconsider this as a hobby.

Mar 11, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #1,149 of 3,354
hi, i just bought a afterdark ocxo clock for my gustard r26 dac. But as this is my first experience with external master clock, i'm only given a bnc cable. What cable should i also get to power up the clock?

Mar 11, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #1,150 of 3,354
He's just happy because he knows what all of us that own audio-gd gear know.

Even now, its not all that well known that Audio-gd is the best value, price to performance gear available. If his products were made in the EU or US, it would cost at least 4x-5x as much. He's an unusual man, he's not greedy and he wants to provide awesome audio gear for a reasonable price. You have to respect that.

After attending canjam again, I appreciate my audio-gd gear much more because I was able to compare directly using my denon d7200s that I took to the show as a base reference. And while alot of things sounded great at canjam, I think my system outperforms some of the much higher end gear at the show. I know the show is not an ideal place to test the gear, it'd probably sound alot better in my home with a plc and all the other tweaks I have on my system but thats where bringing a headphone that I'm very familiar with comes in to help me understand the different nuances of the gear.

What components do you have in your system besides the ock-2?

The ock 2 made a very noticeable difference in my system even with it connected to only the di20he and extremely noticeable once I plugged in the dac along with it. No offense but if you can't tell if a master clock makes a difference in your system, especially with that level of power conditioning, you should save your money and reconsider this as a hobby.It is not that the amount of power conditioning makes the OCK-2 better, but it makes it irrelevant.
Its nice to see people judging on people systems not even knowing what their system consists of and not knowing what a clock main purpose is.

A clock is supposed to reduce jitter. With the amount of power conditioning of my system the OCK-2 became irrelevant.

Mar 11, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #1,151 of 3,354
A clock is supposed to reduce jitter. With the amount of power conditioning of my system the OCK-2 became irrelevant.

The two are not directly related. I have two regenerators, supercap linear power supplies, high end power cables and SR fuses. I have paid great attention to power including grounding boxes and cable dressing.

Even so, and in fact because of it, my two external clocks have contributed a huge improvement to sound quality.

Mar 11, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #1,152 of 3,354
Its nice to see people judging on people systems not even knowing what their system consists of and not knowing what a clock main purpose is.

I think the outcome is strange. Power conditioning doesn't reduce jitter. A good masterclock with a matching BNC cable can do it if used in the correct way. And for me the OCK-2 is definitely relevant together with my R26. I have a night/day difference with and without the OCK-2. I have it feeding a NFB28.38 as pre/headphone amp. XLR and HE-6 headphone. A very nice and revealing sound. I wonder if You suffer from a mismatch of some kind. I have no idea of what amping or speakers or headphones You are using. Some amplifiers have a bit too high negative feedback based on the amplication stages "boost levels" and non linear charactaristics. This reduces the level of audible microdetails in the sound.

If You are pleased with what You have, enjoy and why not sell the OCK-2. I think the OCK-2 is that good as a master clock that it shouldn't gathering dust on a shelf. Better to pass it on.
/Jan

Mar 11, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #1,153 of 3,354

What did goldensound say next?

You probably just need a calculator and numbers

Mar 11, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #1,154 of 3,354
I think the outcome is strange. Power conditioning doesn't reduce jitter. A good masterclock with a matching BNC cable can do it if used in the correct way. And for me the OCK-2 is definitely relevant together with my R26. I have a night/day difference with and without the OCK-2. I have it feeding a NFB28.38 as pre/headphone amp. XLR and HE-6 headphone. A very nice and revealing sound. I wonder if You suffer from a mismatch of some kind. I have no idea of what amping or speakers or headphones You are using. Some amplifiers have a bit too high negative feedback based on the amplication stages "boost levels" and non linear charactaristics. This reduces the level of audible microdetails in the sound.

If You are pleased with what You have, enjoy and why not sell the OCK-2. I think the OCK-2 is that good as a master clock that it shouldn't gathering dust on a shelf. Better to pass it on.
/Jan
My head amp is Euforia AE and BNC cables are the Gustard C2.

Mar 11, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #1,155 of 3,354

My sentiment exactly, someone who doesn't know what a clock's main purpose is...has alot to say about what a clock is and does.

Perhaps the name is an indicator. Perhaps the main function is that it syncs timing more accurately and reduced jitter is the result. Perhaps I'm not the one to Rochambeau with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back