Massive Attack - Blue Lines revisited
Apr 16, 2009 at 9:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2
I can't remember when it was I first heard Blue Lines. I think it was when I was visiting a girlfriend in Sydney and her share mates had a CD of it which I heard on their system. Not surprisingly I sought out my own copy, which I'm sure I must have played a few times in the late '90s on my father's hi-fi system or through my headphones from the CD player.

I'd forgotten about the album until recently, when I saw it mentioned randomly and decided to have another listen, this time on my considerably more high-fidelity Stax rig.

There are quite a few tracks on my "5 star" iTunes list, and a couple that I wish I had a sixth star for. Hearing Unfinished Sympathy again, yet with such absoluteness and detail in delivery was...unbelievable. I don't think I've been as stunned by an artist as much since I discovered the Jeff Buckley Grace EPs. It is hard to describe how my Stax Lambdas can, along with their incredible detail, reach right down into the bass regions. The opening boom could not have been more stunning lest it be delivered from a large speaker rig costing tens of thousands of dollars.

Now I'm rediscovering Protection, which is a very unexpected experience indeed, with such high fidelity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back