Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview
Dec 8, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #302 of 766
Dec 12, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #304 of 766
I secretly hope the X sound better than W40.  I demoed a W40 at the airport the other day and wasn't impressed but of course i only listened for 5 minutes.  

I've had a lot of experience with Westones. I had my Westone 3 for 2 years and then went and got my Westone 4Rs that I'm still using today (4 years!) . If the wXX series are any similar, then what I've learned is that westones will sound amazing when paired with a good amp. Without amping, the in-ears can feel dreary and slow. I thought my right drivers on Westone 4R was dying so I jumped on this drop. From what I've been reading, it seems like this will be a different sound signature from the westone series. Treble seems like it won't be as bright and as airy as my Westone 4R, bass seems adequate and probably might perform as well. Mids are probably not gonna be as luscious, and as smooth as my Westone 4Rs. Again just basing off of my thoughts from reviews. I may be wrong haha.

Dec 18, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #305 of 766
I gave up on the X as the prospect of waiting until April 2017 wasn't too enticing :) Grabbed a pair of Savants instead that are on special now that they're discontinued. The price was just too good to let them go, almost as good as the X's, and they arrive tomorrow! Not sure I've done the right thing but hey, new toys to play with now, not April.

Jan 5, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #306 of 766
Hey guys, I've joined the drop and need your guidance regarding source gear. Currently using iPhone 6s Plus as my primary source.

- Considering FiiO X7. Should go for IEM Amp or Balanced Amp for Noble X? Or should I consider another DAP? Max budget $450.

OR

- Should I buy a good quality DAC/Amp like the Chord Mojo?

I own ATH-M50x and Rockjaws Alfa Genus V2 as well. So confused between a DAP or DAC/Amp.

Would be great if you can share suggestions.
thumb_up

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #307 of 766
Hey guys, I've joined the drop and need your guidance regarding source gear. Currently using iPhone 6s Plus as my primary source.

- Considering FiiO X7. Should go for IEM Amp or Balanced Amp for Noble X? Or should I consider another DAP? Max budget $450.

OR

- Should I buy a good quality DAC/Amp like the Chord Mojo?

I own ATH-M50x and Rockjaws Alfa Genus V2 as well. So confused between a DAP or DAC/Amp.

thumb_up

FIIO X7 is minimum 500 usd, so is cord mojo, used fiio x7 in storerror it's epic

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #308 of 766
FIIO X7 is minimum 500 usd, so is cord mojo, used fiio x7 in storerror it's epic
Yeah. Getting a discount on both - Chord Mojo and X7.

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #309 of 766
-snip-

I'd need to double check but if the X7 can double as a DAC for your computer you might as well grab that. Reason being it's inconvenient having an amp hooked to a phone you're trying to type on (unless you have an old phone to use as the player). Then there's the matter of the flavor it adds but YMMV.

Also the AM1 module (which I assume is what you're talking about) you should avoid like the plague. Have yet to hear the AM3 so you might want to consult the reviews.

Jan 5, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #310 of 766
I'd need to double check but if the X7 can double as a DAC for your computer you might as well grab that. Reason being it's inconvenient having an amp hooked to a phone you're trying to type on (unless you have an old phone to use as the player). Then there's the matter of the flavor it adds but YMMV.

Also the AM1 module (which I assume is what you're talking about) you should avoid like the plague. Have yet to hear the AM3 so you might want to consult the reviews.

Exactly the dilemma I'm facing to buy a portable Amp and use it with iPhone 6s Plus. I'd love my iPhone to run longer and hence was considering the X7+AM3 (balanced) combo.

Chord Electronics is set to announce new products in a few hours from now. So hopefully the price of Chord Mojo will drop more :p 

Jan 10, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #314 of 766

Hope 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #315 of 766
If I am remembering correctly, I think a little over a 1000 were sold. There should be some for sale not too long after they are received. There's bound to be some people that decide not to keep theirs. As for another drop-the first drop was limited to 2000, so I would expect to see another one with a limit of maybe 1000 or so. That seems to be the trend for Massdrop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back