Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview
Apr 9, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #467 of 766
So I bought spintips to replace the stock ear tips, they sound really so much better than before. The original tips would just slide out except for the largest tip but that tip made the bass sounds extremely muddy and sound tinny. The spin fit made the sound full,smooth, and accurate!

Which one did ordered? Can you please share the link?

Thanks in advance.

Apr 9, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #468 of 766
Apr 10, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #470 of 766
  Anyone with the lightning cable can shed some light? Does it work well with the new iOS10.3 update?

I haven't had any issues so far with the lightening cable and the update. I'm honestly really impressed by these. I currently own the K10, K10 Encore, Katana, and Sage, and the X is really great value especially with the lightning cable. One of my favorite IEMs was the Savant that my dog destroyed, and the X is very similar in a way. Ive found myself listening to the X a lot recently even more than some of the higher price IEMs I own. 

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #471 of 766
Hello all,

I'm looking for some Comply tips for the X, which are one of my favourite IEMs at this point (it's all about character). 

I know the 500 series is recommended, but the Noble chassis is atypical, kinda tapering a bit.

Has anyone tried the 600 series? What about the SmartCore? The SmartCore seems to be an intriguing option.

Apr 11, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #473 of 766
Really, really loving the Noble X. Finally got some listening time today, played through my ALO International + DAC/amp. Also, installed my copper PlusSound cable and the ergonomics are first rate. Can't even feel these in my ear. Also, while these have a slightly different sound character, they compete extremely well with my Django. I expected them to get blown away at 1/4 the cost, but Noble did something special with these and I just love them. Next, I'll probably re-terminate this cable to be balanced. New work rig: 

-Collin-

Apr 12, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #475 of 766
The noble x's are non fatiguing, I could listen to these all day!

I agree these are fantastic iem's, I'm just waiting on my snugs to come and I will be in heaven

Apr 12, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #476 of 766
Yep, if the Comply tips keep these suckers in place I'll be a happy boy.

It's nice to have a multi-BA design that doesn't get eaten alive by >1 ohm output sources.

Apr 18, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #477 of 766
Comply tips do indeed work, although they fit on a bit snugly. I'll see if I can come across some T600 tips and see how they fit.

I will say that Comply tips do not negatively impact sound with these (the shaft is wide but the bores are actually quite small) and do isolate well, but IMO they don't really solve the fit. They won't move, but to me they still feel like they're resting on the outer edge of my ear canal.

Apr 20, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #478 of 766
After many hours of listening to the Noble X, I have to say that these are well deserving the original $500MSRP. These compare with my Earsonic SM64s really well in terms of sound performance and quality. Expect a SM64 v Noble X showdown review in the next week or so :D. Tip rolling is important with these. The included foam tips muffles makes it sound muddled to my ears while the silicone tips sounded fine.

Apr 20, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #479 of 766
  After many hours of listening to the Noble X, I have to say that these are well deserving the original $500MSRP. These compare with my Earsonic SM64s really well in terms of sound performance and quality. Expect a SM64 v Noble X showdown review in the next week or so :D. Tip rolling is important with these. The included foam tips muffles makes it sound muddled to my ears while the silicone tips sounded fine.

Thanks

We plan on offering a special service for proud owners of the Noble X

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back