massdrop x hifiman Edition XX cable...what in gods name
Oct 28, 2019 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

shrimants

1000+ Head-Fier
I dont know what they were thinking when they shipped this cable, but it is somehow of worse quality than one of those 3 dollar gas station aux cables.

I'm looking for a cheap CHEAP (like <50 bucks ish) replacement for this cable, preferably about 6-8 feet in length. Something like what comes with stock sennheiser hd650.

I'm also looking for a good parts supplier where I can buy 5x 3.5mm TRS, 1x 2.5mm TRRS. Not sure about this though. I have the ES100 and I figured i can make a balanced cable that ends in a 2.5mm TRS, and then i can maybe do some sort of modular adaptery solution without resorting to those ridiculously fat XLR barrels?

The idea is for me to be able to walk around the house with the ES100 clipped directly to the hifimans. but that is sort of a stretch goal/DIY project sort of thing. Realistically I have a jdslabs atom and i have a couple other amps that either use 3.5mm TRS or quarter inch TRS, so for the short term I want something that doesnt feel like a dried hollowed out worm coming out of my headphones.

I found some on amazon but i'm trying to avoid that weird plasticy braided sleeve finish. Cloth or oldschool rubber sleeve is just peachy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back