Maryland
Jul 27, 2009 at 1:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

specto

100+ Head-Fier
So anyone in the Maryland area that has some decent cans, and wouldn't mind me coming to listen to them. I know that is asking a lot, but it's hard to get into spending so much money on these things without hearing them first. I would love to go to a meet, but it doesn't look there are any in MD ever...

Aug 4, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #5 of 14
Aug 5, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by specto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, looked there, a search for maryland yields no posts past 2006, and only a few of them, mostly about the 2005 DC meet.

Hmm...I vaguely remember several members organizing a meet in the Northern VA/DC area last year. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

I'm surprised that there haven't been any meets in the Baltimore area.

--Jerome

Aug 5, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #9 of 14
I am surprised there hasn't been anything in baltimore as well. I think there should be...
frown.gif

Aug 5, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #10 of 14
Absolutely. Baltimore has the best steamed crabs around and the last time I was there the oysters were pretty darned good too. Brought back a bushel of both to New England and they disappeared fast.

Great crabs and headphones. What's not to like?

--Jerome

Aug 5, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #12 of 14
Start an interest check thread in the meets forum, then do an advanced search through the member list for people living in location MD and Maryland, and send out PMs to attract attention. Start thinking about places to have your meet.

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #14 of 14
Sure you do. You don't have to bring the most or best, just ears. Organizing it will be enough. Other Head-fi-ers will appreciate you setting it up, and will be happy to bring their gear for you to listen to.

An interest check thread certainly can't hurt anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back