Maryland Meet at Hirsch's -- Impressions
Jun 16, 2004 at 2:31 PM Post #91 of 100
What CD player is this?

jmeet42.JPG

Jun 16, 2004 at 4:19 PM Post #92 of 100
That's on of the NEC CDROMs. I forget which model.

Jun 16, 2004 at 4:33 PM Post #94 of 100
Jun 16, 2004 at 9:19 PM Post #96 of 100
Thanks guys for the answers!

Now how is the sound quality? What kind of connections does it have? Analog, digital?

I am looking for a small CD player, larger than a portable CD player, but definitely smaller than a full CD deck, for transportable use.

Jun 16, 2004 at 11:16 PM Post #97 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore
Thanks guys for the answers!

Now how is the sound quality? What kind of connections does it have? Analog, digital?

I am looking for a small CD player, larger than a portable CD player, but definitely smaller than a full CD deck, for transportable use.

It's got a 3.5mm headphone jack, but what it is usually used for is a transport. It has a coaxial digital output that is usually connected to a DAC. In that picture, the digital output is connected to a Channel Island DAC via a headphile digital cable.

Combined with a short flexible digital cable and a small DAC, it could make a very good transportable source.

Jun 17, 2004 at 9:27 PM Post #98 of 100
Well Folks, this thread inspired me!!
smily_headphones1.gif
You posted a total of 115 pics from this meet and some really good ones, too!
wink.gif
As such I thought you should have your own gallery to ensure that these pics are never lost and to make them more easily viewed.
If there's a pic you don't want in the gallery just let me know and I'll delete it immediately.

FYI, the galleries now contain 1602 images within 15 albums!!!!
coolphones.gif

Enjoy!!
rickmeister.gif

Jun 18, 2004 at 1:36 AM Post #99 of 100
heads up to any flat padders who were at the meet:

just noticed i ended up with two slightly different flat pads on my 225s. on one of them, the front half width is a bit harder than the back, while on the other, the front quarter width or so is hard, as is the back quarter, with the softer foam in between. i think the pair i ordered from todd were both like the latter. there is no noticeable difference in sound to me (though i haven't tried to notice), so i don't really care. looks like the hard-soft-hard ones might actually bring the driver about a mm closer to the ear. i hear slightly differently in each ear anyway, so i might not be the best candidate to detect any resulting disparity in sound.

again, i'm not mad or anything, just thought i'd let people know. you get a little piece of trivia anyway. if someone discovers they have the other pair of mismatched pads and wants to exchange, let me know and we can set something up. perhaps a mini-meet to compare
evil_smiley.gif
no wait, in that case, let's wait til i get that pair of ms-2s i have my eye on
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 18, 2004 at 4:43 AM Post #100 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore

That's what we've been calling "totable" -- you can tote it to a location and set it up, but it's not truly portable.

I've listened to the analog outs on Hirsch's -- it's surprisingly good. I think he got his for US$15 + shipping. But I think he cheats -- he puts it through that euphonizer thingy...

But it would otherwise be perfect for what you are describing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back