Marvellous video of a round table discussion about sound quality..
Sep 30, 2012 at 11:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ianmedium

Headphoneus Supremus
I think this is the appropriate forum to post this, I thought of the members lounge but I don't want it to get lost in the stuff that is not about great sound reproduction.

This was filmed in 2008 so forgive me if someone has posted this before and also some of what is being talked about may now be a little out of date.
A round table discussion between Audiophiles on one hand (Mickey Fremmer from sterophile ) to a recording engineer, mastering, producing and so on. It is a fascinating way to spend two and a half hours and it really opened my eyes in some respects.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did and it would be great if our own discussion ensued from it!

For some reason when I enter it as a video link it won't work so I will just paste a direct link here for you to go to (youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY5hI98HEi0&feature=related

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #3 of 5
great listening... thoroughly enjoyed.

I doubt it makes much sense here. if the discussion was about high-end audio rip off, and how everything sounds the same, etc.. the video would have been better received here.

unfortunately, this forum has been hijacked by a few science extremists of some sort, and some other idiots, who think they're the last word in audio quality...lol

the member lounge would have been a better place, imo, as more people would have learn something from it. 

thanks 

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #4 of 5
great listening... thoroughly enjoyed.

I doubt it makes much sense here. if the discussion was about high-end audio rip off, and how everything sounds the same, etc.. the video would have been better received here.

unfortunately, this forum has been hijacked by a few science extremists of some sort, and some other idiots, who think they're the last word in audio quality...lol

the member lounge would have been a better place, imo, as more people would have learn something from it. 

thanks 

Thanks for that and I see from the previous poster to you that it has been shown here before. I agree with you about this particular forum, I never come to here due to what you mention!
I will ask a Mod to transfer it to the Member lounge.

Sep 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenni /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's as simple as: can you provide evidence that proves otherwise?

Quote:

I guess you don't understand science. That's okay, just don't call others idiots. (yeah lol, the irony)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back