MartinLogan Dynamo 300 vs Dayton Audio SUB-800
Mar 8, 2014 at 12:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

curiosus

New Head-Fier
I am looking to get a sub for my Micca MB42x bookshelf speakers. These two subs are now both $100 on amazon. What do you guys recommend from these two? Or, if you have other recommendations for subs near $100 that would be cool.

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #2 of 9
Did you decide how you are going to hook the sub up yet? The Dayton is more versatile since it has both speaker level inputs and outputs. What's your setup?

Mar 8, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #3 of 9
My current setup is Windows 7 > Winamp with Wasapi > Dragonfly v1.2 DAC > Topping TP21 Amplifier > Micca MB42x Speakers.

Upon checking, it appears the MartinLogan wouldn't work in my current Amp?

Mar 8, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #4 of 9
It could, but you would have to split the audio signal coming from the Dragonfly and send it to both the sub and the Topping. Once you got the volume on the Topping and the sub in balance, then you'd have to use Windows for raising and lowering the volume.

The speaker input/speaker outputs on a sub are what you need if you want to use the Toppings volume control.

Mar 9, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #6 of 9
Probably more similar in class than different. But I don't know.

The other sub to look at in this price range is the Polk PSW10.

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #7 of 9
It could, but you would have to split the audio signal coming from the Dragonfly and send it to both the sub and the Topping. Once you got the volume on the Topping and the sub in balance, then you'd have to use Windows for raising and lowering the volume.

Sorry for the followup question: Is this the type of splitter that I need? Also, will using a splitter degrade sound quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back