Marshmallows - Any good?
Nov 17, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #16 of 29
I can't find these on JVC's site at all, either the USA or the UK website.

Nov 17, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #17 of 29
They look like a more stylish version of the koss plugs.

I wish I had some marshmallows right now. I haven't had dessert yet.
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #18 of 29
well, i usually like marshmallows golden brown, so try wrapping the cord around a stick and slowly turn around an open flame, that should give the sound a nice warmth. when your done listening take a bite

Nov 17, 2006 at 6:47 AM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallingwater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It took me a while to get the joke. I'm italian, you see, and we have no marshmallows here, so we don't have s'mores either :p

Ah, as an non-American myself I would probably have not known about s'mores if my Grade 3 teacher hadn't been American and if it wasn't for Cosi (a New York cafe chain). So I sympathize there, but usually not at the expensive of innocent humor. =)

As for your actual query, there's not that much I can say from firsthand experience. I have heard that good canalphones in the price range include the Creative EP630 and CX300.

Nov 17, 2006 at 1:18 PM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Canalphones never get sold in actual shops around here, so I was quite surprised when I found these in an electronics store not far from my home.

Are they any good?

I already have my trusty CX300, but I'm looking to buy a present to a friend who's expressed strong enthusiasm for canalphones before.
They are sold at €20.

I've tried them. They exclude external noise well and the Bass is more powerful than the CX300. mids/highs/detail isn't their strongest point but they sound ok for the price.

Nov 17, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by fondy44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unless you're absolutely sure that she would really enjoy IEM's, you might want to save your money. I gave my wife my E2c's when I upgraded to the E4's, and although she'll happily admit that they sound better, most of the time she uses the buds that came with her iPod "because they're less of a hassle".

Women
rolleyes.gif

My friend already tried the Sony MDR-EX71 I had before and she loved them, so I'm pretty sure she's not going to mind that they are a hassle. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ypoknons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have heard that good canalphones in the price range include the Creative EP630 and CX300.

On this subject: are the EP630 just rebranded CX300 or do they have lower quality transducers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've tried them. They exclude external noise well and the Bass is more powerful than the CX300. mids/highs/detail isn't their strongest point but they sound ok for the price.

Hmm. So you'd say the CX300 have a better overall result then? I mean, as you describe them the Marshmallows seem good for the average Techno-listener who likes his head to expand a little for every beat...

Nov 17, 2006 at 9:28 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Women
rolleyes.gif

My friend already tried the Sony MDR-EX71 I had before and she loved them, so I'm pretty sure she's not going to mind that they are a hassle. :p

On this subject: are the EP630 just rebranded CX300 or do they have lower quality transducers?

Hmm. So you'd say the CX300 have a better overall result then? I mean, as you describe them the Marshmallows seem good for the average Techno-listener who likes his head to expand a little for every beat...

For the techno crowd they are probably good yeah. The CX300 is better balanced but leaks more sound, so probably depends a little on what environment you are listening in.

Nov 17, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the techno crowd they are probably good yeah. The CX300 is better balanced but leaks more sound, so probably depends a little on what environment you are listening in.

/agreed, the CX300 will allow you to still hear stuff that is going on around you, just not nearly as much. I can still hear the vacuum or my wife talking, but it's several octaves lower. :p

Nov 18, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #26 of 29
You mean these?

fx33_topimage.jpg

Nov 18, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #28 of 29
JVC canal phones suck... FX series blows and I don't see how these will be any different.

Nov 18, 2006 at 11:18 AM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ya. That pink is hella sexy.

I hate pink. If I get 'em they're gonna be black.

Oh. Yes, almost forgot I'm not getting them for me, but for the friend.

Right. Not for me.

Not.

Oh dammit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JVC canal phones suck... FX series blows and I don't see how these will be any different.

Please elaborate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back