Marshall Monitor
Jun 18, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #2 of 7
this sums it up quite well: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2419476,00.asp

beautiful
powerful bass (like, BAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMM bass if you want)
2 types of sound, you choose
good isolation
inline controls
detachable cable
alright comfort

God, I love that design!

Jun 18, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #3 of 7
I read that review, but I want some actual personal reviews, not just commercial reviews. I think I'm going to like the sound without the FTF. Now when you say powerful bass, how are they compared to beats? I ask because I had them and I'm not looking for another pair. But if you tell me a bit less, then that's good. I want clean bass, not over-powering.

Jun 18, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #4 of 7
I haven't heard the Marshall's, only the Major (they don't seem that similar), but I doubt they are as overwhelming as beats. the problem with the old Studios, for example, is the recessed mids and high plus the overpowered bass. Powerful bass isn't a bad thing if everything else is tuned accordingly. So I would say it is powerful, but not beats powerful.

What genres of music do you listen to? Do you buy need to be closed headphones? What sources do you use?

Jun 18, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #5 of 7
Heh… I think those cans were responsible for me finding Head-Fi. Coming from working on the road w/ touring musicians, I was in the market for some new headphones and the Marshall brand name + stylish design caught my eye. However, I wanted to know if they really were up to snuff in terms of audio, so I fired up Google and ended up finding Head-Fi, with plenty of feedback and reviews.

Long story short, I didn't buy them. The reviews were successful in convincing me there were better options for the price. That said, I haven't actually heard them, and this back when they were originally introduced. They may have gotten better since then, or they may be exactly what you're looking for. They sure do look awesome, but then again so do a lot of others that are also praised for audio quality, and for comparable (or less) money. 

If you don't want to wait for people to respond here, you should be able to find some reviews & feedback through the search function. 

Jun 18, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #6 of 7
Im using mostly my phone (Galaxy S3) and computer. I listen to all kinds of music. I dont mind bass, in fact I like it, but I want more balance. Like you said, the beats bass drowns out the rest and I dont want that. I prefer closed to minimize leaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back