Marshall Minor Headphones
Jan 19, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #5 of 21
 Oooooo, pretty funky
duggehsmile.png

Jan 30, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #6 of 21
Hmm am listening to a borrowed set now, Details is not sharp nor analytic and can be considered a lil muddy at the same time. But since its a Canalphone i cant complain much, On first impression its pretty blended, sound sig leaning towards round and musical and the air it moves is decent considering its not an iem.

And i like the treble from them among the whole spectrum, J3 > Maestro EQ is just nice for me, not too piercing nor fatiguing for me =)

Headstage-wise, Minor as a Canalphones do have the advantage of being outside-the-head but intimate just enough in comparison to IEMs.

Generally, For such build for its price, and a sound that is already pretty decent for a conventional earphone, Marshall Minor shouldn't have much difficulty in scoring patrons who are non-audiophile and shuns or possess IEM-phobia.

Apr 30, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #7 of 21
^that's what i heard from it yesterday too.
the sound is really okey with me...
i think i will like this more than my ol' pk2s.

this thing is really airy and musical.

May 3, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #8 of 21

Quote:
^that's what i heard from it yesterday too.
the sound is really okey with me...
i think i will like this more than my ol' pk2s.

this thing is really airy and musical.

Yes! And the built is pretty good too, only waste is the lack of a proper strain relief at the side of the buds =S Sound-wise like i said, Airy, Blended, Smooth with decent bass response and sonic thickness for a canal bud.
etysmile.gif

May 3, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #9 of 21
im thinking of getting one for myself...
still thinking of reasons why i need one when i already got so many gears with me....

how about one for my gym?
rolleyes.gif

or as a back up earbud?

hehehe.
beyersmile.png

May 3, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #10 of 21
I own them, they dont sound as good as they look, but I think they look realy cool :wink:

they sound nice.. only have my HD-25's to compare to,side by side they sound ..hm...mellow is the best word I can find.
relaxed and comfy,just like the fit.
I want more bass,but only when I just switched from the senns,
after 30-60 min I "get used" to the sound and like them more and more.

they are perfect for the gym,or any other sports/training.
they let outside noise in,but no music out. :)
totally secure in the ears.and real comfy I forget they are in my ears after a few minutes. :)

May 3, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #11 of 21

Quote:
I own them, they dont sound as good as they look, but I think they look realy cool :wink:

they sound nice.. only have my HD-25's to compare to,side by side they sound ..hm...mellow is the best word I can find.

totally secure in the ears.and real comfy I forget they are in my ears after a few minutes. :)

Heez bro you got it there! And i like the assuring feel of their fabric cable too =)

May 3, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #12 of 21

Quote:
im thinking of getting one for myself...
still thinking of reasons why i need one when i already got so many gears with me....

how about one for my gym?
rolleyes.gif

or as a back up earbud?

hehehe.
beyersmile.png

Hehe go ahead! I just dropped a lil dough a week back on a Soundmagic PL50 for my daily jogging use due to its fitting and ergonomy, laid-back sound suited what i need for my active use too
ksc75smile.gif

May 3, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #13 of 21

Quote:

well, its nice to hear that people are loving this thing...

many iems/earbuds like this are really worth a try.
but people here seems to be too attached to brands and makers...
and not new companies who create something really worth and new to try.

May 3, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #14 of 21

Quote:
Hehe go ahead! I just dropped a lil dough a week back on a Soundmagic PL50 for my daily jogging use due to its fitting and ergonomy, laid-back sound suited what i need for my active use too
ksc75smile.gif

i have heard the pl50...they are quiet nice.

Quote:

well, its nice to hear that people are loving this thing...

many iems/earbuds like this are really worth a try.
but people here seems to be too attached to brands and makers...
and not new companies who create something really worth and new to try.

i have the pk2 with me before...and i still remember its sound.
i have an mx980 now.
and this earbud is really new...its not as good as the mx980 but i really like what i heard when i tried this!
L3000.gif

its like a new level and kind of experience!!!

May 3, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #15 of 21
I don't like them very much either.  They are very hollow sounding and really lacking in bass impact and depth.  However, I was bound and determined to find some use for them and I did.  They do have admirable mids so they are really good with podcasts.  Also, Jimmy Buffet sounds really good on them.  They are also very comfortable.  Not in the same league as the IE2, but they are wearable for some long periods.  The cord is also great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back