Mars Volta >> vinyl
Oct 1, 2006 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

golgi

500+ Head-Fier
I'm in the slow yet steady process of building up my vinyl collection. So far I have a very solid collection. I recently heard a little bit of Mars Volta and liked what I heard. I'm wondering what would be the best LP to start with?

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #3 of 12
Deloused in the Comatorium is definitely their best LP so far.

Oct 2, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #4 of 12
I'd agree that De-Loused is probably the best place to start if you want the vinyl, although I do not think it is their best album overall.

Check out Tremulant as well since that was The Mars Volta's first release and it is interesting to hear where they have gone since then. Happy listening.

Oct 2, 2006 at 7:02 PM Post #5 of 12
You can't go wrong with either De-Loused or Frances the Mute, but to make your decision a bit easier, my vote goes to De-Loused
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #6 of 12
Deloused it is then! I saw it at a record store in a nearby city and didn't buy it because I had no idea which one to start with. I guess I'll be making the trip back to get it after calling and reserving it. Thanks all!

Oct 3, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #8 of 12
its kinda sad, i loved ATDI so much, then they broke up

i loved deloused so much, but wasnt crazy about sparta

and now i find i like the new sparta cd a lot more then the new mars volta..

weird.

Oct 21, 2006 at 9:29 PM Post #9 of 12
Thanks to all your suggestions, I was the record store today where I had previously seen Deloused on vinyl. So I bought this sealed for $22. I'm listening to it right now and I LOVE it!!! I'm definitely going to pick up Francis the Mute next. I was a little surprised though when I opened the Deloused package to see the two records are silver in color and also there is a poster inside. Until today, I had never seen silver colored vinyl. Very cool!

Oct 21, 2006 at 11:36 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
Just to complicate things, I'm going to throw my vote in for Frances the Mute instead - just like it more. No particularly objective/musical reason why. Track 3 is just a masterpiece!

L' Via L' Viaquez....thats the best track on the album.
cool.gif

Oct 22, 2006 at 3:54 PM Post #11 of 12
After I get Francis the Mute, I intend to also get At The Drive In lp's. Any recommendations as to which ones are their best?

Oct 22, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #12 of 12
Not much love for Amputechture around here? It's definitely their hardest album to digest so far, but I'd have to consider it as intriguing as any of their work so far. This is definitely a band who has taken the idea of progression and run with it in every effort to date... I hope this isn't an indication that people feel they've gone too far with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back