Markertek Cables: Okay choice for cheap?
Aug 2, 2002 at 5:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kerelybonto

doo-di-doo-di-dum doo-di-dum doo-di-doo-di-dum
If all goes well, I'll have my first real dedicated headphone amp soon -- which means I need those cable things to hook it up with. ...

I've heard good things about the Markertek 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male, so I'll probably pick one of those up. The price is good anyway.

How 'bout their RCA cables, though. I'm not looking for anything special here -- I'm not even looking for something real good. I just want something that won't mess everything up. Flexibility is important, and these seem to have it. So would the Markertek RCA male to RCA male work here? Two (I do need two, right?) will cost about $26 for the short length I need ... there's not anything better I'd be missing out on for that price, right?

Thanks.

kerelybonto

PS: Will someone check the links I posted to make sure I'm getting the right cables -- there are tons, many similar, on the Markertek site, and I'm easily confused.

Aug 2, 2002 at 7:32 AM Post #2 of 4
The links that you have listed both go to XLR cables. Just make sure you get the balanced (stereo) mini to mini cable, and not the mono one. I'm not sure about how the rca cables sound, sorry.

Aug 2, 2002 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 4
The hell? Those links went to the right place yesterday. They must have changed their inventory or something.

Yeah, the reason I asked for someone to check was that I didn't notice they had a mono and a balanced mini-mini the first time I went through them. Thanks for confirming that, though, jms007bond007.

kerelybonto

Aug 2, 2002 at 11:21 PM Post #4 of 4
For inexpensive RCA interconnects, the Markertek cables built with the Canare Star-Quad cable have been reported to be quite good for the money. I remember reading some reviews on other sites, so do a search using Google and go to the cable forum at Audio Asylum. I have the mini-mini, as you may have found when you looked for reviews.

If you can spend some more money, get the Outlaw PCA cables, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back