Mark Johnsons T2 Class A Headphone Amp
Jun 17, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #2 of 6
According to Mark Johnson all his pcbs have been sold....he is trying to get the diystore to sell these. Fingers crossed.

A total of 12 have been sold.

Alex

Sep 7, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #3 of 6
Cant wait to build mine. I contacted Mark and luckily he had some more boards, ordered beginning of the week on Tuesday and arrived today. Took just 4 days with standard mail service from the US to the UK. Well impressed.

I wont be using the front and rear panels included though, I have a spare Hammond 1455N enclosure same size as the one used for the Whammy which will house this board nicely.

Just need to order the BOM list from mouser and I'll be all set. :)

Oct 7, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #5 of 6
Oct 7, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #6 of 6
Well, life is short, and improvements or fixes to things that some dont like are indeed valid.

Even with these issues I have found this amp works so very well even with its worts....its one of the best holographic sounding amps here regardless of measurements etc...IMO.

I Stand behind this 1000%.

I have 11 head amps here now and this is right up there at the top...so would I not DIY this amp due to the issues well addressed in the dyaudio thread and miss this amp, to me no.

The turn on thump was solved via a 3PDT switch and the turn on transient was solved via a cap change...OR turn on the amp wait at least 10 seconds and no issue.

In my high dollar 2 ch stereo setup, if I turn on the amp before the pre-amp I get a loud pop in the speakers so for some of us we know about turning things on and off in an order....

Some do not like this , and I respect that...but its your choice. So many good choices out there.

That said sonically this Class A 2 watt amp, discrete...is a wonder to me...its that good....so life like...

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back