Mark Grant cables
Sep 3, 2009 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

iriverdude

Banned
I have a few sets of Mark Grant RCA analogue cables, but I've noticed the cable is Canare LV61S which is 75ohm cable. I'm using this for pre-power runs and also for line level runs. Is this a problem, I've heard you shouldn't use 75ohm cable for analogue interconnects.

Sep 3, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a few sets of Mark Grant RCA analogue cables, but I've noticed the cable is Canare LV61S which is 75ohm cable. I'm using this for pre-power runs and also for line level runs. Is this a problem, I've heard you shouldn't use 75ohm cable for analogue interconnects.

Where did you hear that? The impedance makes a difference for digital but not for analogue. The only potential downside is the coaxial construction, not the impedance. The shield acts as the signal return. If you have a lot of rfi/emi then it could possibly be introduced into your amp as noise.

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #3 of 3
Hello, just using this old thread as the tittle fits the purpose. Does anyone have experience from this company, I have place order almost like month ago and status is still "preparation in progress" or something like that. I have sent the message also asking about the status of my order but no reply so far :frowning2: can you trust this company ? will I get something from them in some day ? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back