Margot and the Nuclear So and So's will make your world a better place.
May 14, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #16 of 22
Plus, it helps if you're familiar with the Indianapolis / Broad Ripple scene. When listening to Margot et al, just imagine you're in semi-rural, semi-urban central Indiana.
icon10.gif

May 14, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyorange /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jen Is Bringing the Drugs is a nice song. Some of the tracks sound a little too similar to a bunch of other bands.

But thanks for the recommendation.. pretty good compared to the last head-fi recommendation I took up, TV on the Radio, which was HORRIBLE! They played live at Slope Day here up at Cornell and were EVEN WORSE LIVE!
smily_headphones1.gif

hey you go to cornell? I'm at bing and maybe we should have a NY downstate mini meet!

May 14, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyorange /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jen Is Bringing the Drugs is a nice song. Some of the tracks sound a little too similar to a bunch of other bands.

But thanks for the recommendation.. pretty good compared to the last head-fi recommendation I took up, TV on the Radio, which was HORRIBLE! They played live at Slope Day here up at Cornell and were EVEN WORSE LIVE!
smily_headphones1.gif

I love Tv on the radio , but this for me is just boring MTV music. Sorry, thanks for the recommendation anyway
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #19 of 22
I picked up The Dust of Retreat back in December and listened to it for probably 3 weeks straight. After that, it kind of wore off, but I still play it on occasion. It is a good album.

Jul 23, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #20 of 22
This is an older thread, but I just felt like posting that I really enjoyed listening to this album, and thanks for the suggestions. To Coltrane or anyone else, what albums would you recommend which are similar to The Dust of Retreat in sound, catchiness, or whatever?

Also, I understand Margot is recording another album this year; great news!

Jul 23, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #21 of 22
Great bump. I can't think of anything that has a very Margot sound to it. You might want to try Midlake - The Trial of Van Occupanther. Another gorgeous album.

Another option is Archer Avenue which has members of Margot (and is also a Royal Tenenbaums reference.) Hard to get a hold of the cd, but you can download some tracks (legally and free!) here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back