March 16th; Netherlands Meet @ Hans from Qables!!
Mar 12, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #166 of 205
Well guys,

I'm very sorry but I can't make it sunday.
I initially thought the 16th of march would suit me but the schedule changed.

I'm very sorry to miss this meet. Probably one of the few I would be able to attend!

I hope you guys have some fun over there!

Greetz

Mar 13, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #167 of 205
Ah, sorry to hear Rico. I hope you'll have a nice day though despite the missing out here. There'll be likely another one to follow somewhere down the line. I'll give you a heads up when it does!

Mar 13, 2008 at 2:45 PM Post #168 of 205
Hey guys, I'm very sorry, but I have to cancel as well. Something came up and I have to go to Switzerland over the weekend. A VC wants to talk to some friends and I about investing in our company, so I really cannot miss that.

Would have loved to come and hopefully there'll be another chance for a mini-meet or something like that this year.

In the meanwhile, I hope everybody will have a great time at the meet.

Mar 13, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #170 of 205
Hope everything works out for you and your friends! And switzerland is not that bad
tongue.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #171 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad. I would've loved to hear that stax.

Maybe some other time this year indeed.

Well, the Stax is stuck in customs anyways (for about a week by now) so I probably couldn't have brought it to the meet anyways. But everybody is welcome to listen to it if you drop by Tilburg. Just shoot me a pm before that.

Mar 13, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #172 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hope everything works out for you and your friends! And switzerland is not that bad
tongue.gif

Oh, Switzerland is an absolutely lovely country. So rich and comfortable that it almost makes you forget about all the problems in the world.

Mar 13, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #173 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, Switzerland is an absolutely lovely country. So rich and comfortable that it almost makes you forget about all the problems in the world.

At the very least, it's the most beautiful country I've visited regarding nature and roads. I could live happy for the rest of my life if all I had was a lightweight car and those mountains...

Mar 13, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #174 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At the very least, it's the most beautiful country I've visited regarding nature and roads. I could live happy for the rest of my life if all I had was a lightweight car and those mountains...

Precisely. Sometimes it looks like Switzerland cheated and took all the pretty parts that were supposed to be distributed evenly among the alpine countries.
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #175 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Precisely. Sometimes it looks like Switzerland cheated and took all the pretty parts that were supposed to be distributed evenly among the alpine countries.
biggrin.gif

Very much so. I didn't get to see all of Switzerland, but the parts that I did see (mostly the east side) were perfect. Plus, the locals have the courtesy to pull over and let you pass.
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #178 of 205
Yay, one more day to go!!!! Ik heb 'r zin in!

Too bad you can't make it Arielext. Hope everything works out with your family. I was soooo looking forward to hearing that Rudistor but better luck next time, for you as well :wink:

Many pics will be made I think with all these camera-loving peeps haha! I almost couldn't find my charger arrgghhh but I have it now and all batteries needed for the journey are charging.

Mar 15, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #179 of 205
Being quite new to this and thus having not spend a lot of money on it sofar, I am between hope and fear. Will I hear great differences that will bring much music enjoyment but also the need for large investments? Or will I think I can still be happy for a long time with my setup as it is?
I am looking forward very much especially to hearing the Ultrasones and Grados. But also other sources then iPods. My Cyrus does not have HP out so I listen to iPods only at the moment.

See you all tomorrow.
Rob

Mar 15, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #180 of 205
Woo, twelve more hours and I'm leaving for the meet! Can't wait.

Everything is packed. Which is too bad, since I bought a bunch of new CD's today and now I can't listen to them.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Being quite new to this and thus having not spend a lot of money on it sofar, I am between hope and fear. Will I hear great differences that will bring much music enjoyment but also the need for large investments? Or will I think I can still be happy for a long time with my setup as it is?
I am looking forward very much especially to hearing the Ultrasones and Grados. But also other sources then iPods. My Cyrus does not have HP out so I listen to iPods only at the moment.

See you all tomorrow.
Rob

I don't think there's a single person who went to a Head-Fi meet, and then didn't buy a bunch of gear...
biggrin.gif

As for sources.... it might be difficult to hear the differences between them at a meet. The main difference is in quality rather than sound signature so it's not that easy to hear in short sessions. Once you get used to a good CD player there's no going back to a lesser source though, because while the difference may be the smallest of all equipment, it's also the most important. That said, most MP3 players make a surprisingly good source for what you'd expect from such a small player.

Did anyone get their hands on a bunch of c-inch splitters? I didn't, unfortunatly.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back