Marantz CD63 KI Signature: to buy or not to buy? [kinda urgent]
Jul 17, 2002 at 6:57 AM Post #2 of 16
Seems to get good reviews at Audio Review, here is a link:

http://www.audioreview.com/CD+Player...5_1586crx.aspx

I have never heard the player or I would comment. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Sorry I thought that was the same player.
redface.gif

Jul 17, 2002 at 8:59 AM Post #3 of 16
Seems like a reasonable price, they go for approx £160 on EBay here in the UK.

I paid £350 about 4 years ago for mine and have never regretted it. Currently thinking of upgrading it though with something in the £1000 - £1500 range.

Your profile doesn't list a current CDP so can't advise if it's a worthwhile upgrade, however, if it's your first CDP, snap it up and enjoy.

PS
Don't purchase it with the intention of using the headphone jack. I have tried it and find it almost unlistenable.

Jul 17, 2002 at 9:39 AM Post #4 of 16
The headphone jack is a joke on the 63se(similiar model), there's no volume control and the sound through the headphone jack is loud, noisy, grainy, and gutless -- If you plug in a highly efficient, low-impedance can like the V6, you'll really get burned.

Just make sure you use a headphone amp if the CD63 KI headphone socket is anything like the 63se.

Jul 17, 2002 at 10:25 AM Post #5 of 16
Hi, I used to have a 67MkIIOSE, which was a step down from the KIsignature. It was quite good, certainly better than new players at that price, IMHO. The price seems OK if in good condition. I'll echo the comments about the headphone jack - it may be gold plated, but it ain't up to much!
Andrew

Jul 17, 2002 at 12:19 PM Post #10 of 16
It's a really good player out of lineout for home system (headphone system too, I suppose). But as BenG said, headphone jack sucks and way too loud if you plug low impedance phones in.

John

Jul 17, 2002 at 12:47 PM Post #12 of 16
I beleive that should be a perfect setup. Sad that I've never heard META42, but everyone seem to praise it so much. Don't forget to post some impression when you get all of them.

Happy listening

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back