Marantz CD6002 CD Player
Sep 9, 2007 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

tvrbob86

New Head-Fier
Edit: I just received an email from Marantz America's customer service. I was informed that the CD6002 will not be sold in the U.S. I'm sorry if I got anyone excited. I'm very disappointed.

Marantz
is set to release the new CD6002 CD player soon. The list price will be $550, according to AVGuide, though it's not clear whether that's set in stone or if AVguide is estimating based on the UK price of £270.

I just talked to Joe at Audio Advisor and Tyler at Crutchfield. Joe said he's received multiple inquiries, but he had no firm date for its U.S. release. "Late Fall," is what he's heard. Tyler told me he hadn't heard anything, but he'd try to see if any information were available. Neither Audio Advisor nor Crutchfield had the CD6002 in the system for pre-order.

According to What HiFi's Andrew Everard, they'll be printing a review in the October 2007 issue.

Current Resources:
The Japanese press release.

Marantz Japan specs.

Japanese website with pictures (exterior, interior, rear).

A Dutch write-up of the CD6002 and PM6002 integrated amp.

A German summary of the CD6002 and PM6002.

British website with CD6002 for sale.

Tech.co.uk write-up.

If anyone hears anything interesting, or wants to translate highlights from the Japanese press release or the Dutch or German articles, please post here. I'll update this thread as I get more information about the CD6002 and its U.S. availability.

-Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back