Marantz Cd6000OSE LE or NAD 541i
Apr 5, 2003 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 10
thats a tough question and the answer might not be formulated as such. These two players are on about the same level but don't sound the same. So, only comparing them (in your own system would be best) will help you find out which suits you better.
Cheers!

Apr 7, 2003 at 3:37 PM Post #4 of 10
I've only listened to the two players briefly, but I liked the NAD better... (I suppose that isn't very helpful, but I can't help in any other way.)

Apr 7, 2003 at 3:49 PM Post #5 of 10
For the price of the 6000 OSE LE, which is about $850, you could do much better. Look for some used gear on Audiogon in that price range that is less than 4 years or so old and you'll be able to get something much, much better for that kind of money.

Try looking at a used stuff like this at Audiogon

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.p...878&class&3&4&

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.p...340&class&3&4&

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.p...293&class&3&4&

Just make sure to look for people with a few good feedbacks since I realize that the first two I put here have 0. The deals on equipment that is a year or two old is fabulous right now and you could get something WAY better than either player for about the same money.

Apr 8, 2003 at 7:22 AM Post #6 of 10
Hi servinginecuador
the marantz cd6000OSE LE brand new can be had for around US$300 here.. in Singapore.. for the nad.. it's $50 more expensive..
My budget is around there.. I can't stretch it further already.. unless I save up to get the audio analogue paganini(see my other thread), which I think will be a significant improvement.

Thanks for the link!

Apr 8, 2003 at 11:36 AM Post #7 of 10
Wow, I can't believe that the Marantz can be bought so cheaply in Singapore. I just saw a web site yesterday that was offering that exact CDP for $890 or so. It is a really decent CDP, and with the tubed output you can change it around to get more of the sound you are looking for.

Apr 8, 2003 at 12:25 PM Post #8 of 10
hehe...yeah.. I think for cd player, singapore's prices are pretty darn good..
I just checked a few cd player.. like some sony's, audio analogue,marantz. When I converted it to SGD, I found out that here is still cheaper. Not by much, but definately can give the run
biggrin.gif

I am still contemplating whether to buy the marantz or save up and get the audio analogue.. but then again, it might take years before I can get my paganini
tongue.gif

Apr 9, 2003 at 5:01 PM Post #9 of 10
The OSE LE shouldn't be that expensive - even in America. Maybe it was mixed up with the more expensive KI model?

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Apr 9, 2003 at 5:24 PM Post #10 of 10
For whats it worth I have the NAD 521 and use it with Creek OBH-11SE among other amps. I don't have Beyer headphones but with the ones I have I feel it’s a good match for the two components. I never had Marantz hocked up to the Creek so I can't say anything about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back