Marantz cd6000ose(le) or Nad 541
Mar 23, 2004 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Hisham

Head-Fier
I'm torn between these two sources for my bedroom to go with my meta. I've read reviews upon reviews and done my comparison, but still undecided. I'm inclining more towards the Marantz due to its warm sounding. Nad seems to be somewhat clinical sounding but it has detail sound. Will someone please enlightens me with your opinions or suggestions. Thanks.

Mar 24, 2004 at 12:33 AM Post #2 of 6
I've boticed that you don't care about stereo information (sounstage & imaging) from these two components so it's up to you do you like more details or warmer sound,
but I would suggest you buy Marantz because there's a saying of a tube lovers which don't care about details so much: that what needs to be heard let it be heard nice.
Coughs at a concert and violinist breathing are not part of the music and I don't know what is so fascinating about it

Mar 24, 2004 at 1:18 AM Post #3 of 6
It may not be part of the music but some people consider it part of the performance.

Mar 24, 2004 at 5:43 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by bfrketi3
I've boticed that you don't care about stereo information (sounstage & imaging) from these two components so it's up to you do you like more details or warmer sound,
but I would suggest you buy Marantz because there's a saying of a tube lovers which don't care about details so much: that what needs to be heard let it be heard nice.
Coughs at a concert and violinist breathing are not part of the music and I don't know what is so fascinating about it

I've owned the CD6000 OSE, and can tell you that it is a very detailed sounding CDP. It's not at all warm sounding-in fact it's rather dry, and analytical with a slightly exaggerated treble. But thats not a problem if you match it with a tube amp, since it will take some of the edge off the highs. Though your correct that the soundstage is a bit narrow, and it could be a little faster, but what do you want for 250 bucks?

Mar 24, 2004 at 1:19 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
Hisham
HI: How much money is the NAD C541?

I have someone offering me the C541 used for US$150. I was skeptical whether to grab it or not. On the other hand, the cd6000ose(le) was offered to me about the same price as the C541. Its only about 1 year old and in very good condition.

I think i'm gonna get the cd6000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back