Marantz CD-7 - your impression
Apr 15, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 10
Marantz Cd-7. When they used to be owned by Phillips and did a lot of joint work together Marantz benefitted it's partnership more.

Phillips produced the transport and also marantz got the famed "triple crown" dac. The Triple Crown dac is also used in Zanden stuff.

I rememeber years and years ago this was a dream player for me. It still is to this very day.

I say 1500-2000 is a very good price for it. The cheapest one I ever saw was £1250 that went on ebay UK.

JUst because it is old doesn't mean it's not any good. It would make a good cdp which offers good sound but without killing you finacially.

Can you audition it before you buy it?

Apr 15, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_can
Thanks GoRedwings19. Yes, I will audition it tomorrow.

Don;t forget to post how it went for you. It might be what you are looking for, it might not.

Apr 18, 2006 at 1:42 PM Post #6 of 10
The only thing i'd love more is the NAIM CD5x. The Marantz CD7 is a very nice player with excellent conveyence of rythm.

Apr 19, 2006 at 6:14 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Marantz Cd-7. When they used to be owned by Phillips and did a lot of joint work together Marantz benefitted it's partnership more.

Phillips produced the transport and also marantz got the famed "triple crown" dac. The Triple Crown dac is also used in Zanden stuff.

I rememeber years and years ago this was a dream player for me. It still is to this very day.

I say 1500-2000 is a very good price for it. The cheapest one I ever saw was £1250 that went on ebay UK.

JUst because it is old doesn't mean it's not any good. It would make a good cdp which offers good sound but without killing you finacially.

Can you audition it before you buy it?

What happended to the Triple Crown DAC? I know someone whos looking for it, wants to manufacture his own cdp
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 1:43 PM Post #8 of 10
i vaguely remember seeing it was discontinued or simply not widely available in small quantities. But there was a substitute philips part which had a very similar number IIRC.

Apr 19, 2006 at 2:15 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_can
I bought the CD-7. To my ears, it just makes well recorded CDs much more enjoyable than my Eastsound CD-E5. Sorry for my inability to describe the sound.

thanks for sharing , it's nice to know the supr hyped e5 can be beaten still

Users who are viewing this thread

Back