Marantz 2226B Graphic Equalizer Help
May 2, 2005 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

The Actual

Headphoneus Supremus
I am using a Marantz 2226B receiver with the 963SA and some speakers that my dad's friend made.

The speakers so great, but they are a little bright. I have turned down the treble a little bit, but they still don't sound perfect. I have a graphic equalizer that I thought it might be fun to twiddle around with. It is a Technics SH-8017.

I have a pre out and main in on the back of the 2226B, but I cannot find a switch or anything on the receiver to disconnect the pre amp and power amp.

Will I have to open up the receiver to do this, or is there a button that I am not seeing?

Thanks.

May 2, 2005 at 4:01 AM Post #2 of 5
The preamp-out and main-in jacks will work when you plug in the equalizer. Try it and you will see.

May 2, 2005 at 4:20 AM Post #3 of 5
But won't half of the signal have been going through the normal amplifier?

On my father's YAMAHA receiver (I don't know the model number) there is a switch for when a graphic equalizer is being used.

Do I not need one for the Marantz? I do not want to short anything or something by having the signal going through the graphic equalizer and the normal connection at the same time...

May 2, 2005 at 5:08 AM Post #4 of 5
You won't short anything. On the later Marantz units the need for the external jumpers was eliminated due to a modification of the RCA jacks that provides an internal connection that is controlled by whether an RCA plug is inserted into the pre-out and main-in jacks. When you plug in the equalizer into the back of the receiver, you automatically disconnect this internal connection.

May 2, 2005 at 11:49 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by mkmelt
You won't short anything. On the later Marantz units the need for the external jumpers was eliminated due to a modification of the RCA jacks that provides an internal connection that is controlled by whether an RCA plug is inserted into the pre-out and main-in jacks. When you plug in the equalizer into the back of the receiver, you automatically disconnect this internal connection.

OK. Thanks for the assistance mkmelt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back