Head-Fier
_MG_0842.jpg

_MG_0843.jpg

_MG_0847.jpg

Feb 19, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #4 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_d_m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All I see are red X's in white boxes.

Yeah, looks like that site doesn't allow hotlinking. Copy and paste the urls and they should work (although the second one was giving me a 404 earlier).

Feb 19, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #5 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_d_m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All I see are red X's in white boxes.

yeah. i was joking. i don't see anything either. i'm sure it looks nice though.

Feb 20, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #8 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn those are nice pics - what kind of camera is that? The vividness of the color and the detail is amazing, definitely don't get that on my sony cybershot.

Thanks - it's a Canon 5D.

Feb 20, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow! those are great pics. that amp looks really nice.

it can drive the K340. i mean well?

It's a pretty amp - especially the magic eyes. It seems to have the power to drive the K340 - rated at 400mw, double the standard HD model - need to do more listening, though.

Also, initial impressions of HD580, GS1000, SR60 are favourable.

The circuit looks pretty good - 2 power transformers, 1 main and one just for the rectifier tube heater, choke for the HV power supply, 2 output transformers, DC heater supply for the other tubes.

Feb 20, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #12 of 26
I hope you enjoy your HD200, I find the sound of Mapletree to be the most involving of all the sub $2,000 tube amps. Yes I have listened to $2,000 tube amps and there is a kind of warmth in Dr. Lloyd's creations I do not get from others.

I was #3 on the list but I cancelled when he informed me he was going to aluminiun instead of polished stainless steel. I wish he had done the HD200 in polished SS but he could not source it.
mad.gif

Good luck and enjoy your new and beautiful amp.

Feb 20, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was #3 on the list but I cancelled when he informed me he was going to aluminiun instead of polished stainless steel. I wish he had done the HD200 in polished SS but he could not source it.

is some reasoning to this other than looks. also, how much is this amp.

Feb 20, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you enjoy your HD200, I find the sound of Mapletree to be the most involving of all the sub $2,000 tube amps. Yes I have listened to $2,000 tube amps and there is a kind of warmth in Dr. Lloyd's creations I do not get from others.

mad.gif

Good luck and enjoy your new and beautiful amp.

Thanks, yes, I got the aluminium chassis - it has flaws the SS would probably not have, but still looks pretty good - and I am enjoying it so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back