Mapletree Ear + Purist HD100
Dec 20, 2007 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tim_j_thomas

100+ Head-Fier
I recently purchased the Mapletree Ear + Purist HD100 from mrarroyo and could not be happier.

I did not think Mapletree could make such a drastic improvement over my Headroom MicroAmp, but I was mistaken (Not that the MicroAmp was bad -- far from it. It will be used every day at work.) I am in no way an audio expert and am struggling to find words to describe the experience. In the few CDs I've tried so far -- Bach's Cello Suites by Casals, Raising Sand by Plant/Krauss, & DSOTM by Pink Floyd -- the music seems much more "rich" and "fulfilling".

In some ways it's similar to the difference between a piece Hershey's chocolate and a piece from a confectionist who handcrafts each and every piece. While the the Hershey's is good, it just does not compare to the complex flavors of the other.

I must also state that Dr. Lloyd Peppard is a real class act. I emailed him several times asking about the amp -- stating up front that I was considering purchasing it from a head-fi member. Dr. Peppard answered each of my questions as well as provided a few suggestions. He is an asset to the audio community!

Further, I'd like to reiterate the feedback I left for mrarroyo; he has my highest recommendation.

Happy Holidays All!

Dec 20, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #2 of 6
The first time I saw pics of the Mapletree Ear + Purist HD I felt in love ( literally) with it. It definitively is on my list of future acquisition.

I cannot have it now! but I am making a place for it in my future...

Enjoy
tongue.gif

regards,

P.S. If I'm not mistaking, it's Canadian!!

Dec 20, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #3 of 6
glad you're enjoying it...it's a lovely amp and works great with grados. heard it works equally as well with senns, so you should be quite happy.

and yes, miguel is a great member here and a nice guy...still amazed that he sold his beloved mad, though
wink.gif

Dec 20, 2007 at 6:55 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by tim_j_thomas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently purchased the Mapletree Ear + Purist HD100 from mrarroyo and could not be happier.

Congratulations, you've got an excellent amp.
I purchased my HD100 new from Lloyd and have absolutely no regrets. It was pretty much a spur of the moment buy but when I saw the model listed on his site I just had to have one.
It is very good with the RS1s and I also like the AD2000s as a pairing. Love the looks too, the retro appearance goes well with the Grados.

Also can only agree with your comments about Lloyds service, always prompt and patient in dealing with enquiries.

Dec 20, 2007 at 10:51 AM Post #5 of 6
Congrats on your decision to get the EAR HD100 from Mrarroyo !

I have no doubt you'll be loving it for many years to come !

Welcome to the MAD club !

Dec 21, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #6 of 6
Very glad you are enjoying your HD100. For me it was a tough decission, it is my favorite amp and the one I have kept the longest.

Dr. Lloyd is indeed a class act and his desings have that indurtrial-retro look that simply makes me want to buy one.

Hope you continue to enjoy the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back