Mapleshade modded Scott LK-48-B
Feb 14, 2006 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bigcat39

100+ Head-Fier
This was among the items the Smokey left me... and all I can say is.... oh my god. Lovely, Lovely amplifier. I'm going to be doing some back to back listening with some of my other amps. which include: Tuberolled Wheatfield HA-2, Cary 300SEI w/Sophia tubes, Headcode DM, my own Maxed out PPAV2, and the most expensive META42 ever built. My Cans: MDR-R10, ATH W2002, Grado RS-1, Sennheiser 600's and 650's . This outta be fun.... I'll keep you posted.

Feb 15, 2006 at 9:45 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcat39
This was among the items the Smokey left me... and all I can say is.... oh my god. Lovely, Lovely amplifier. I'm going to be doing some back to back listening with some of my other amps. which include: Tuberolled Wheatfield HA-2, Cary 300SEI w/Sophia tubes, Headcode DM, my own Maxed out PPAV2, and the most expensive META42 ever built. My Cans: MDR-R10, ATH W2002, Grado RS-1, Sennheiser 600's and 650's . This outta be fun.... I'll keep you posted.

I am looking forward to hearing how you like the LK-48 Supermod from Mapleshade. I just received one as well!

Feb 16, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #3 of 4
Pics! Pics!!!! I want pics!!!

Feb 16, 2006 at 12:59 PM Post #4 of 4
Ok, pics are coming. Tmarshl, would you post some pics of yours?
First impressions: this is very much a Sony loving amp. The soundstage is simply wide open. As this device has tone controls, I have done quite a bit of adjustment of the controls, and it really is a plus to have the controls.
I haven't done any tuberolling with it yet... that's coming. It currently has Sovtek output tubes, and NOS GE's on the input.
The sound is very lush, yet strangely accurate. "Musical" is the only word to really describe the sound with the R10's.
With the Grados, it's very nice to be able to tame the bass heaviness that I find evident with the RS-1's. Again, the flat out accuracy of this amp is just amazing.
More impressions are coming soon. My Sony 777CES will be back from Modwright soon, then we will see what a true world class source does for this amp. The 306/200 Cary is nice, but NOTHING like the Sony.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back