Managed to lose my Westone 4R.. What to purchase next?
Apr 13, 2016 at 10:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

RamGuy

100+ Head-Fier
Today I managed to lose my beloved Westone 4R IEM's 
frown.gif

So it's time to grab the credit card and purchase something new... And I'm dwelling between grabbing the Shure SE846, Westone W60, Sennheiser IE800 or even go custom molded with the Westone ES60.

I've had two high-end IEM's, the Westone 4R and the Westone UM3X and I did love them both. The 4R is more natural, whereas the UM3X feature a more bloated but incredibly detailed mid's and high's which I love as I love to listen to vocals and piano.

I did try the Sennheiser IE8 back in the day and I did not enjoy them one bit as I had a really hard time getting a decent fit in my ears due to the nozzle being huge and wrapping some Comply Foam ear-tips around the nozzle made the whole thing HUGE and it would simply not fit in my ear at all. But from what I have heard the IE800 does not really compare to the IE8 at all in terms of neither design or anything else.

What do you recon would be the best pick for me this time around?

In terms of the IE800... I tend to get custom molded silicon tips for my IEM's. I've got a local supplier that would love to give IE800 and go and see if they can make something that would fit them. How likely are they to succeed? It seems like there are next to none third-party ear-tips for the IE800 out there.. Whereas getting something for SE846 and W60 wouldn't be hard at all. And the ES60 would not need anything, obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back