Manage L/R Volume levels?
Jun 22, 2021 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Shoulon

100+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if someone could help me figure out a way to manage volume levels? My Right Ears volume of hearing is about 10% less than my left ear.
Usually, I just drop volume in windows of the left ear but It doesn't "feel" proper.

I'm not sure how else to do this without affecting my source components. But I would love to add a component to my stack to do this.

Thank you!

Jul 16, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #2 of 3
Me too! Also one ear hears louder than the other. I will subscribe to this thread for suggestions.
I feel a software solution is best. Probably something with some hardware DSP to go between the source and DAC.
None of the audiophile players I've seen have this feature.
My DAC will not accept Windows volume mixer.
There are pro audio line level attenuators that go between male and female RCA but these are not available in very small increments.
I considered using some padding in the headphone itself but not a good solution either.
Probably pretty unlikely to find an audiophile-approved solution other than DSP.
Some preamps have this feature but none of the ones that I want (LTA has this feature, one of my favorite features of their gear).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back