Man we are spoiled ;)
Sep 11, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #47 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you compare our hobby to a lot of others ours is fairly inexpensive. Take Golf as example, you take your $500 clubs to play a round that costs $35 to $125 dollars and you knock $4 balls into the woods, EVERY WEEKEND. We won't even talk about club membership. Ever been in a big-time wood workers shop? Easy $20k in power tools and then there are the hand tools, like the $200 chisel set. Don't even talk about model trains, $4,000 bicycles or that restored 1932 Packard,............you get the picture.

Try gun-fi... damn that's expensive! Oh and I think that having a baby-fi has got to take the cake but is probably the most rewarding... at least until they are a teenager
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2007 at 4:12 PM Post #48 of 67
It's great! I love wasting money! hahahaha!

I don't feel guilty when I see someone using stock iBuds. I feel guilty when I hear about people starving to death. Or families that can't afford groceries.

For me it's an unhealthy addiction. Maybe even a disease. I'm done with Head-Fi.

Well, I'll be done as soon as I upgrade my cables and amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 11, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #49 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickrobotron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

We'll see
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 11, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #51 of 67
actually, were not spoiled, were cursed,
people who leave audiophilia mostly have two complaints,

1)its too expencive to mantain,
and the more important
2) i stopped listening to the music and i could only hear the equipment,

analitical listening sometimes becomes more of "how good my equipment is" insted of "how good the music is", and then, you lose perspective,

so the question is, are you enjoying the music with your $2000 amped imod as that kid was with his stock ipod and ibuds ?

Sep 12, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #53 of 67
When I was young, I had to share one bank statement with 12 brothers and sisters, and you can believe that we were still hungry afterwards.
plainface.gif

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #55 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif

so the question is, are you enjoying the music with your $2000 amped imod as that kid was with his stock ipod and ibuds ?

Not a chance.

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #57 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That was kinda my point, maybe its the same enjoyment if you have never heard or care to hear the difference.

Sep 12, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #58 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickrobotron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

You're only getting started, Bucko. Your avatar says you will be here a long time, and that a +1500 post count is in your future. Tubes are possible. I see dynamic weather ahead for the weekend, and a hint of 'stat[ic] in the extended forecast. More details at ten...

Laz

Sep 12, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #59 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're only getting started, Bucko. Your avatar says you will be here a long time, and that a +1500 post count is in your future. Tubes are possible. I see dynamic weather ahead for the weekend, and a hint of 'stat[ic] in the extended forecast. More details at ten...

Laz

I've been at a Head-Fi holding pattern since I got the rig in my sig, what two years ago? More? It can be done.

Sep 12, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #60 of 67
I have to tell you I enjoy music as much as when I wasn't into audio gears and as of now. So:

Enjoyment before and after I knew gears = equal.

But now we have to pay more to have that equal enjoyment as before I knew this hobby. So I think we are a bit stupid in a way.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back