Man is the border slow as of late!
Oct 12, 2004 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

TrevorNetwork

TrevorNetwork - Canadian Group Buy Coordinator
I have a USPS Express package on the way that was sent out from Minneapolis last Monday, and its status has been "Left the united states from Chicago airport" since last Tuesday! I have another item that has been at that same status, but leaving from NYC on its 4th day now. Both are express packages. The lady as USPS said the Canada's border is reorganizing, and there is a potential for it to take 2-4 weeks! That sounds like complete crap to me. An investigation has been started into the Express item from Chicago. Let's hope this gets resolved soon.

Oct 12, 2004 at 11:28 PM Post #2 of 36
its my (former) benchmak dac-1...duh!
its NOT cool
mad.gif

Oct 12, 2004 at 11:33 PM Post #3 of 36
Check the news buddy. Canada Customs & Revenue is now on strike. Expect massive slowdowns until the contract dispute is resolved. Your packages are stalled in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be scanned into the system & delivered. Don't be surprised if they manage to "forget" about them for the next few months.

Oct 12, 2004 at 11:50 PM Post #7 of 36
But it has been slow during the last few weeks. I had a shipment from Wellborne Labs spend two weeks at the border. An order from Mouser spent a week, but my order from Lansing Enclosures was delivered within 5 days of leaving the plant.

Oct 13, 2004 at 2:28 AM Post #8 of 36
I know. Everything is moving at a snail's pace. I'm still waiting for my new guitar amp from my local music store to show up. It's tied up in customs.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 13, 2004 at 2:37 AM Post #9 of 36
I sent a pair of UM2s to a head-fier located in Ontario via USPS Global Priority Mail (4-6 days) on Sept. 24, and it just arrived today. Relieved but at the same time kind of angry that it took them so long to deliver it to the recipient.

Oct 13, 2004 at 5:32 AM Post #11 of 36
Well, I officially have the following trapped at customs:

My replacement Audio-Technica A900s
Audio-Technica W2002s
Benchmark DAC1
Parts to make another Dynahi.

I don't normally say things like this, but I feel compelled to:

****** YOU CANADA CUSTOMS. GREEDY F**KS.

Oct 13, 2004 at 5:39 AM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevorNetwork
Well, I officially have the following trapped at customs:

My replacement Audio-Technica A900s
Audio-Technica W2002s
Benchmark DAC1
Parts to make another Dynahi.

eek.gif

OMG! That's a lot of stuff!

Anyone know anyone to bribe at customs to expedite these packages?
wink.gif

-Ed

Oct 13, 2004 at 6:34 AM Post #14 of 36
Oh, Christ and a half. I went back to California last weekend for my sister's wedding and forgot my bathroom bag there. My parents mailed it to me on Monday of last week by Global EXPRESS. It still isn't here. Now I know why.

Canada is a great country and all, but the frigging customs holdups and duty charges piss me off like nothing else.

- Chris

Oct 13, 2004 at 1:17 PM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevorNetwork
Don't forget to add two expensive amplifiers that I sent to their new owners. One of which went out on September 28th! Both stuck at the screw**g border.
mad.gif

I don't believe that items going out of the country go to Canada Customs. The delay there is probably US Customs which can also be slow at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back