Man-eating Alcoholics
Jan 28, 2002 at 11:22 AM Post #16 of 17
Mmmm. That one gives me the willies, probalby even worse than the one I posted. It reminds me of the garbage bay scene in Star Wars, only without the monster...and the getting out alive. As for manholes, that was the first thing they told me when I got here, and now I have just gotten into the habit. I don't step on them anywhere anymore...not even in New York. Icicles require caution as well, but I learned that one in Vermont....mezhdu prochem, we are probably the only two people in this country of 146 million that own Ety's...a sad state of affairs indeed.

Jan 28, 2002 at 2:46 PM Post #17 of 17
You are probably right, although you never know. Maybe some sailors out of Vladivostok have encountered them and use them. Maybe some embassy types. Still, there can't be many more beside us two.

Should we start a distributorship? I guess first we'll need to find some muscle, eh? A krysha, so to speak.

But, more seriously, yeah, that story is pretty shocking. Neglecting corpses is one thing, but neglecting the living is quite another. I said I felt safer here than in the US, but I meant with respect to violent crime. I'll need some real luck if I ever have a serious medical emergency. And Moscow, I gather, is far from the worst in that department.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back