Malaysian F1 GP recap
Apr 4, 2010 at 10:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sizwej

100+ Head-Fier
Well done to Seb Vettel.Finally gets the monkey off his back (red bull reliability). Truth is, he should have 75 points by now considering his qualifying positions.Well done to him though,and well done to Red Bull for their first 1-2 finish, well deserved.

Great drive by Hamilton today.Ripped his way through the field, and might have had a shot at 4th had he not been held up Sutil.Alonso also deserves mention, as he was breathing down Buttons neck with a crippled Ferrari before he retired.Just shows how great a driver he really is.

Still undecided if the new rules encourage wheel to wheel racing, especially the ban on refueling.I guess we'll have to wait till mid season to pass judgment.Too bad it didnt rain.that would have added a whole new dynamic to an otherwise sterile race.there was some overtaking, but rain always throw the race into disarray and keeps us on the edge off our seats.

Apr 4, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #2 of 6
don´t agree about Vettel... He shouldn´t have one point more... F1 is more about the team then the driver. You have to build a car that take the entire race distance or we can just as well have a fastest lap competition. Red Bull really didn´t have to push that hard this race and it payed off with both cars taking the checkered flag.

From what I seen so far the no refueling seem to be a huge success. Tire management get more important then ever and driver skill takes a bigger part in the equation... There is a lot of drivers that can be fast when everything goes their way but it´s on worn tires and worth conditions you see which who really have the best car control and worked best with their race engineers. If you are smooth and consistant while driving you will conserve tires better simple.

Really helped with the dynamics... I didn´t feel it was sterile at all. Take Hamilton and Sutil for example. Hamilton coming out on fresh tires quickly closed the gap. Then he was close a couple of laps and then Sutil drive away on better tires as hamilton had pushed to hard. Massa catching but also he wore his tires down to fast.

Apr 4, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #3 of 6
Remove the double diffuser and there will be more passing. That's it
tongue.gif

Apr 5, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #4 of 6
Yup but then it´s F1 if we take away the advanced technology we will have GP2 2 to watch. If you want closer racing watch that series rather then F1

Apr 5, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #5 of 6
Frankly, I wish there was rain. Q3 was a whole ball of fun to watch. Last year's Chinese Grand Prix was fun to watch in the rain. It's too bad I won't be able to catch the next race, may there be rain like last year.
biggrin.gif

Apr 5, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #6 of 6
Rain tend to make things more interesting surely. I would love to see sprinkler systems on each track for next season

Users who are viewing this thread

Back