Mal Valve and the greatest headphone amps on EARTH!
Jun 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
HI All,

In keeping with the TTVJAudio tradition, we try to carry the best of the best and this week we introduce the Mal Valve Head Amp Three. This is a very unique headphone amplifier in that it will drive Electrostatic, Planar Magnetic and Dynamic headphones. And it does all of this very well! Mal Valve is made in Germany. So, if you own some Stax or Sennheiser electrostatic headphones as well as maybe an LCD3 or HE-6 or Sennheiser HD800 or Grado PS1000 or any ultra high end headphone, you can have one amp that will drive them all. Call to order yours today from TTVJAudio!
Here is a review from Steve Guttenberg on the Mal Valve

TTVJAudio also carries the top of the line headphone amps from major manufacturers! We carry...

The Apex Pinnacle - considered by many to be the premier headphone amp in the world! And it is now in stock!

The $10,000 Pinnacle headphone and preamplifier!

And the Apex Peak and Volcano hybrid headphone and preamplifier ... also in stock!

The Apex Peak and Volcano - $2095

The EAR HP4 from the mind of Tim di Paravicini - a premium headphone amp from the UK!

The EAR HP4 - $5695

The Luxman P700u will be available very soon and is also a top of the line headphone amp available at TTVJAudio!

The newest flagship headphone amp from Luxman - The P700u  $6000

And then there is the versatile Manley Neo Classic 300B Headphone amp and preamplifier. Great warm, lush sound!

The Manley 300B - $5850

We also carry fine headphone amps from Red Wine Audio, Burson, Bryston, Sennheiser, Fostex, TEAC and Cayin. Check out our home and desktop headphone amp section here!

We look forward to serving you!

Todd

Jun 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #2 of 22
Wow... 
blink.gif

One day... 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Jun 18, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #3 of 22
Todd,

I didn't see the socket for the HE90.  Can the amp be ordered with one Stax & HE90 jack?  Is this a properly built Singlepower Concerto?  
biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #4 of 22
Oh boy, another multi-kilobuck escalation in the HP community. I wonder when Michael Fremer will order his. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #6 of 22
Quote:
Kind of old now, the Malvalve amp was covered by a few owners in the Stax thread months ago.

Care to share a link please?

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #8 of 22
  Having rear panel mounted headphone jacks does not seem to be very practical.Front panel mounted headphone jacks seem to be more senseable.I hope the designer should take note of my suggestion.At a bit over six grand the price of admission is a little steep for me but the product does look intrigueing.

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #9 of 22
Did anyone read Steve's review, it was the best he ever heard .
What a surprise . I never seen it coming.

Does he even listen or just write reviews.

I just cannot read his reviews ....

Jun 25, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #11 of 22
HI All,

My Mal Valve is due to land this week. Once I have spent some time with it I am going to do a loaner program (you will find out more info on my sponsor thread here at Head-Fi) so 3 of you will get to do your own review. I will insist that you have a Stax electrostatic headphone as well as 1 or 2 of the TOP dynamic headphones to use with the Mal Valve.

This looks like a very exciting product and I will also chime on with my opinion of the unit once I have spent time with it.

Also, Steve Guttenberg hasn't heard the Pinnacle....

Todd

Jun 25, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:
HI All,

My Mal Valve is due to land this week. Once I have spent some time with it I am going to do a loaner program (you will find out more info on my sponsor thread here at Head-Fi) so 3 of you will get to do your own review. I will insist that you have a Stax electrostatic headphone as well as 1 or 2 of the TOP dynamic headphones to use with the Mal Valve.

This looks like a very exciting product and I will also chime on with my opinion of the unit once I have spent time with it.

Also, Steve Guttenberg hasn't heard the Pinnacle....

Todd

Fair enough...
Looing forward to the results 
popcorn.gif

Jun 27, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #14 of 22
The Mal Valve is an ergonomic disaster.
No analog controls for volume but non-raised buttons. Small display.
Headphone ports in the back.

I like the concept but it looks better inside than outside, for that price they clearly should do better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back