Making Use of my O2+ODAC
Feb 7, 2015 at 12:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Syndicat3

100+ Head-Fier
My setup:

1. DT 990 Pro (250 ohms)
  2. O2+ODAC
  3. FLAC music library

I've been using this setup for a year and loving it. I understand the role of my DAC as something completely transparent. I mainly play video games, watch movies, and listen to music with these headphones. I also do some voip, so I attached a mic to it.

I clearly have a slight preference for the V-Shape sound, something that is fun and works well with electronic music and some rap.

I don't want to wear down these headphones too quickly and I want to try something new that takes advantage of my DAC. I feel like I have this incredible audio setup that I'm not making full use of.

I've considered the following as upgrades:

1. HD 598
  2. HD 650
  3. HE-400
  4. HD 800
  5. LCD-3

My question is as follows:

What price range should I be looking at for an upgrade? Should I try something different at a similar price or just go straight for something in the $1000 range (I can save money for it)?

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #2 of 3
You probably aren't getting responses because your question has no real answer. No one else can tell you how much money you should spend. That's just another way of asking about "worth" or "value". That's simply not something anyone else can tell you. There are people on head-fi that spend $1000 just to see whether a new version of a headphone they already own sounds any different. Other folks agonize over which $20 headphone to buy. Those two head-fiers will have VERY different ideas of "value".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back