Making sure everything is set up as good as it can be
Mar 7, 2012 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SolomonPierce

100+ Head-Fier
I have a titanium x-fi (I forget exact model) that I've been using with my headphones until now because they've all been low imped / high sensitivity.  Now I got a dt770/80 so I bought a total bithead just to make sure I have enough to drive them and I want to know what to do to make sure everything's set up right.  It's coming tomorrow so just want to make sure.  I had the E7/E9 combo once but the E9 was faulty so I just sent it all back.  Right now I'm using flacs in Foobar, sound card set to 7.1 speakers (even when on headphones) and 24 bit / 44.1 khz.  Anything that should be changed? 

Also, I've noticed that the overall sound is a bit clearer and louder from my pc than my ipod... Does this mean that my soundcard already has a decent enough amp and I won't hear much of a difference?  I'm hoping it has some audible difference, though this amp is just a place-holder until I have the money to upgrade to something better.

edit: Forgot to mention, as of now I leave my windows sound at 100% when I have my headphones in and I change volumes through Foobar.  Should I keep Foobar and change volumes with the amp from now on or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back