Making of the Cyburg Sticks
Jul 6, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #46 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know, I'm more a fan of thinner spikes. I suspect the chrome will look classy combined with the piano black, so I'll leave them as is.

And how on earth can spikes be "gangster"? Sure, they bling, but do they aren't near 20 inch in diameter.
biggrin.gif

nah...not spikes gangster...paint...Like spray paint..that would be cool

Jul 6, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #47 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1nf1n1ty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dude you do realize you live in toronto right?

there is no north side

Jul 7, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #48 of 55
I will most likely build these, they just look sleek, and are very simple.

Not sure if it will keep me busy, I could get all this down in half a day :/

All my speakers are DIY, so I'm kinda accustomed to it.

These just look great. Good job man.

BTW, I noticed those other full range bookshelfs, did you build those?

Jul 7, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #49 of 55
Quote:

Oowwwwkaayy.
blink.gif

I made the filters today, as well as finished their boxes. Which means that the speakers are ready for painting!
biggrin.gif

I'll take some shots of the filters tomorow.

Jul 8, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #51 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you build the bookshelfs as well?

He answered that question at the bottom of post #22

Those are some sweet looking speakers; I'm seriously considering making a pair. Do you know if anyone has made the center channel speaker yet? I also noticed what appeared to be a set of rear surround speakers in the same plans or am I smoking crack?

Jul 8, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #52 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you build the bookshelfs as well?

Nope
Thanks labmat for the link.

Sorry I missed your question earlier.

Edit:
Wait, I didn't answer the question there there. Though I think I did somewhere in this thread. Either way, no, I didn't build them, but rather bought them from somebody who has made a lot of smaller designs, including the Needles. I was so impressed by the sound of these cheap drivers that I wanted to build something bigger with them, hence why I chose the Sticks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by labmat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He answered that question at the bottom of post #22

Those are some sweet looking speakers; I'm seriously considering making a pair. Do you know if anyone has made the center channel speaker yet? I also noticed what appeared to be a set of rear surround speakers in the same plans or am I smoking crack?

Nope, you're not smoking crack.

There are a lot of different plans for it, including a CD storage speaker!
blink.gif

They have fully convinced me today to sell my other pair of speakers (the Aurum Cantus's), and I did so. Though I haven't sold the other pair purely because I find these Sticks slightly better sounding, but because selling them also enables me to build another pair of speakers. I'm still hunting for ideas, though it'll either be the Jordan VTL's based on the JX92s, or a pair of horns based on the Fostex Fe126e.

Jul 9, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #53 of 55
LOL...this thread has gone nowhere in the past few days...Its okay...When I go to my dads in august Im going to build them. Which should be fun.

Jul 9, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #54 of 55
Quote:

LOL...this thread has gone nowhere in the past few days...Its okay...When I go to my dads in august Im going to build them. Which should be fun.

I'll get some shots up of the filters, but other than that, it won't go anywhere for another 5 weeks. I'll be on a 4 week vacation starting saturday, I'll be doing the finishing after that.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back