Making my PC a good source.
Nov 14, 2003 at 5:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

3Double

100+ Head-Fier
Here's what I have:

Ety-4S
Midiman Quattro USB soundcard
P4 2.8 (rather noisey due to case fans and HD)
I'm going to have an Emmeline portable amp soon

I want my PC to eventually be a very good source for my amp and Ety's. I plan on using EAC to encode my cds.

Should I worry about fan noise w/the Ety's, or do noisy fans affect the music besides being a distraction to people w/open phones?

Basically, I'm wondering how to improve my listening situation. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Nov 14, 2003 at 8:50 PM Post #2 of 3
there should be no problems with the fan, I can't hear mine through my v6s and I am sure that etys isolate alot better. Though if your anal, antec has some dang silent fans.

Do a search on soundcards, there are at least two threads a day that talk all about this. From where your at up the line though it looks like you are going want to go the soundcard->digital out-> dac route.

Nov 14, 2003 at 8:58 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by raif
there should be no problems with the fan, I can't hear mine through my v6s and I am sure that etys isolate alot better. Though if your anal, antec has some dang silent fans.

Do a search on soundcards, there are at least two threads a day that talk all about this. From where your at up the line though it looks like you are going want to go the soundcard->digital out-> dac route.

thanks a lot for the input. There are no digital outs on my soundcard. Only guitar plug outs. I'm gonna try Soundcard > Amp first. If that doesn't sound good, I might try a DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back