Making my own HD580 earpads -- any ideas?
Apr 3, 2010 at 8:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

stampede

New Head-Fier
hi, you guys have helped me out immensely over years and years of lurking, so hopefully you'll be willing to help out once more
biggrin.gif

i've had senn HD's for over a decade, and my current 580's have been through several wars with me. i've done my absolute best to maintain them and have replaced every conceivable replaceable part at least once. It would almost certainly be cheaper to hunt down a new pair or upgrade, but I'm really emotionally attached to them, silly as that may be.

the thing is, the ear pads are once again completely collapsed and useless, and I can't justify spending another 60 bucks on replacements -- they are just obscenely expensive. so what I'm going to try to do is fabricate my own ear pads from scratch. they won't need to look spectacular, they just need to work, and I'm confident I can cobble something together for well under what Sennheiser wants.

right now I'm at the stage of researching appropriate materials, including things I may have around the house. before I go any further, I wanted to call upon the expertise of the masses, and see if you guys have any ideas before I move ahead. any thoughts you may have would be truly welcome and appreciated! of course when i get working i'll document the process.
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back