Making my first CMoy (Work in progress)
Jun 17, 2011 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

zammykoo

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all, I'm making my first CMoy amp and just wanted to post some pics of my progress. I'm sure this has been done a million times but I wanted to make sure I'm doing it right. Experts, feel free to chime in for feedback.

Much thanks to Fred_fred2004 for the pcb layout and help, you rock!

Jun 17, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #2 of 8
Looks good :)

make sure the board out line doesn't short any tracks

cheers
FRED

Jun 17, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #3 of 8
Your etching looks good.
To avoid the situation Fred_Fred mentioned, I just use marks in
the corners like this:

The corner marks are in the "49 Reference" layer
so they don't go to the board house by accident...
When I print the design, I don't print the "Dimension"
layer, but do print the "Reference" layer. For the board
house, it's the "Dimension" layer and not the "Reference"
layer
wink_face.gif

Jun 17, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #4 of 8
@Fred_fred2004     
Thanks again, you da man!

@Avro_Arrow
Thanks for the tip! I'm just getting into pcb design softwares, so for this version I just printed directly from the provided layout pdf. In the past I've manually created my pcb layouts via Illustrator. Man that was time consuming.

I wasn't too worried about manually cleaning up the outlines afterward because this is mainly for testing and positioning. I have a better fr4 board waiting for the final piece :)

I'll keep the crop marks tip in mind for the next etching

Jun 25, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #5 of 8
Here's a bit of progress. I am missing a couple items since I only searched for parts an electronics store locally. I'm not sure if I can find the rail splitter and op amp around here....

I'm anxious to get this done!

Jun 25, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #6 of 8
If your really stuck for a rail splitter, you can use 2 resistors, mount them vertically on the board

cheers

Jun 25, 2011 at 6:37 AM Post #7 of 8
Looks good. I see you have a nice carbide drill bit. I got a set of carbides from Drill Bit City.
"Around here" for most of us is Digi-key or Mouser.
Don't forget to clean the board with IsoProplyl Alcohol when you are done. I like to use
the 99% stuff. An old tooth brush works great for scrubbing it.

Quote:
Here's a bit of progress. I am missing a couple items since I only searched for parts an electronics store locally. I'm not sure if I can find the rail splitter and op amp around here....

I'm anxious to get this done!

Jun 25, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
If your really stuck for a rail splitter, you can use 2 resistors, mount them vertically on the board

cheers

Oh cool, would I be using 4.7k?

Quote:
Looks good. I see you have a nice carbide drill bit. I got a set of carbides from Drill Bit City.
"Around here" for most of us is Digi-key or Mouser.
Don't forget to clean the board with IsoProplyl Alcohol when you are done. I like to use
the 99% stuff. An old tooth brush works great for scrubbing it.

Thanks, yep its a simple Dremel press setup with carbide bits, I love it.

And I meant "around here" as in local stores. I've ordered parts from mouser before but wanted to make sure I can do my first one before buying more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back