Making an adjustable headband from scratch, any input?
Jul 10, 2016 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Rainmaker91

100+ Head-Fier
So I have an older pair of headphones here where the headband broke within the first 5 hours or so of listening. At the time I contactd the manufacturer and tried to get them to replace them for me, but they claimed there was no way of proving that I din't break them due to user fault. That was a few years back now, and I ended up just getting a different pair of headphones instead. That said they have always jut stayed put in my drawer not being used at all, since my atempts at gluing the headband was futile (the plastic in use is so brittle it breaks on me simply touching it at this point). Still it bugs me that I never even got the chance to run them thorh the paces before they broke. Thus I have been looking in to maybe making a new headband for them from scratch.

Unfortunately for me most people who do DIY cans seem to jsut re-use old headbands, which means there is very few examples or blueprints for doing this (at least from what I could find). what I do know is that we have several talented DIY-ers here on headfi and I have seen it done before, I just havent figured out a good way to do it myself yet.

So in that regard, if anyone got any input on this then that would help me a lot. Who knows it may even help someone else looking to do this as well, so it's all just good right? (Or I could be spamming the forum with a question as common as the sunrise, in which case it's not realy good 
tongue.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back