Making a headphone purchase very soon. V-Moda M-100 or Sennheiser Momentum 2.0. Or any other recommendations?
Nov 25, 2016 at 3:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MEETmyARSENAL

Head-Fier
Hi there,

Trying to get the most value out of the best price. I don't want to go anywhere above $250-300 here.

I've had the V-Moda M-80 for over 4 years now, and they're wearing out.

It's time for an upgrade. 

I listen to mostly all metal. The genre dominates my musical preferences, so I obviously want one that's better with this genre. Very big focus here. If I'm not listening to metal, it's either edm, pop, or rap. Or classic rock, but iirc headphones good with metal are also good with rock, and vice versa, etc. 

My main use for these headphones is to listen to good music while I workout. Therefore, headphones need to be closed and can't leak large amounts of noise.

So, it looks like the two frontrunners for my purchase rn are the Momentum (2.0, over ear) and the M-100. But I'm still having lots of trouble deciding. 

Any recommendations? I've searched and read posts for a little over 40 minutes on trying to figure out which ones are better for metal, but I feel like I'm not getting very far. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. 

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #3 of 7
  Hi there,

Trying to get the most value out of the best price. I don't want to go anywhere above $250-300 here.

I've had the V-Moda M-80 for over 4 years now, and they're wearing out.

It's time for an upgrade. 

I listen to mostly all metal. The genre dominates my musical preferences, so I obviously want one that's better with this genre. Very big focus here. If I'm not listening to metal, it's either edm, pop, or rap. Or classic rock, but iirc headphones good with metal are also good with rock, and vice versa, etc. 

My main use for these headphones is to listen to good music while I workout. Therefore, headphones need to be closed and can't leak large amounts of noise.

So, it looks like the two frontrunners for my purchase rn are the Momentum (2.0, over ear) and the M-100. But I'm still having lots of trouble deciding. 

Any recommendations? I've searched and read posts for a little over 40 minutes on trying to figure out which ones are better for metal, but I feel like I'm not getting very far. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

From personal experience would go with the V-Moda's but then again find them a too big to do a workout same with the Senn's. What is your source? The B&0 H6 is a great portable headphone that am sure would suit your needs. 

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #4 of 7
I remember using the lp2s while working out once, and the amount of sweat was shocking

I would choose the m100 between the two, but if the "other" slot was there, i would choose other

Personally, when working out, ear buds or cheapies (good cheapies) :D

Nov 26, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #6 of 7
edit* I skimmed past the part where you said it has to be closed back. Fidelio L2s are on sale right now for cheap, but the are open phones. nevermind. 

Nov 26, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #7 of 7
Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium will be good for metal genre. It's pretty durable with its aluminium cups and you can get replacement pads easily. Check out the FS thread. I have one in excellent condition for sale now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back